Business Intelligence Analyst / Project Manager - ILCU
Job Title: Business Intelligence Analyst / Project Manager
Reports to: CIO
Liaise with: Internal: Technology Team, Business Heads of Function & Staff
External: Outsource Partners, IT Suppliers, Credit Union Management & Boards
Immediate Subordinates: None
Term: Initial 1 year Fixed Term Contract
The ILCU ICT Operational Environment
The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Department of the ILCU delivers ICT solutions for business operational needs of approximately 85 internal staff, and delivers shared enterprise-wide ICT services for common use by approximately 495 affiliated credit unions across all Ireland. The ICT Department provides hardware, software and services to support the operations and strategies of six key internal business units, and the wholly-owned ECCU Assurance Company. Enterprise-wide ICT value is continuing to expand, and currently consists of the private credit union MPLS broadband network (ILCUnet), Phase 1 of the central Oracle data warehouse Business Intelligence service (ILCUbis), and secure encrypted email available to all credit unions connected to ILCUnet.
Main purpose of the Role
Reporting directly to the CIO, the person in this role will have ownership for delivery of the second phase of the credit union movement-wide Business Intelligence system, ILCUbis. S/he will perform highly complex business intelligence analysis work including requirements gathering, presentation analysis and design, phased deployment planning and scheduling, and project management to deliver according to plan. This person must work under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement.
This role also requires on-going operational interface with the external ILCU BI development partner and credit unions that have adopted ILCUbis Phase 1.
This role has responsibilities that span both the enterprise-wide and internal delivery and support functions of the ICT Department.
Internally, the person in this role applies proven project and stakeholder management expertise to manage the change control process governing modifications to internal Oracle-based business systems. S/he manages the interface between business leaders and external technology development partners to ensure ICT solutions remain responsive to evolving business needs.
1. Translate business needs into realistic functional specifications and solutions.
2. Ensure that the enterprise Business Intelligence strategy is designed and delivered in line with broad and evolving needs of the credit union movement.
3. Ensure that the internal business systems change control process is effectively managed and executed, bridging the gap between business units and external technology delivery partners.
4. Plan, organise, conduct and document business information requirements gathering sessions with internal department heads, operations management and key external stakeholders across the credit union movement.
5. Work with external partners to translate business requirements into both internal system and enterprise BI solutions.
6. Analyse potential solutions in terms of technology requirements and capabilities to meet business usability expectations.
7. Contribute to definition of application and data security models.
8. Estimate and agree project & support efforts; plan, monitor, track and report.
9. Prepare detailed documents including functional specifications, test plans, diagrams, and verification procedures for existing and proposed solutions.
10. Provide technical and business advice and assistance in matters related to development efforts, and end-user deployment activities.
11. Communicate design, build, test and deployment progress & issues to ICT Office, external partners, internal business function heads, and credit union management.
12. Create and execute detailed project management plans including scope, risk, communications, resources, stakeholders, timelines and milestones.
13. Provide strategic guidance to the National Technology Committee on critical business intelligence decisions.
14. Manage external vendor and IT Supplier relationships.
15. Represent the League in its contacts with credit unions, IT Suppliers and other external bodies.
16. Develop and conduct presentations, seminars and training programmes, and author communications for distribution to the credit union movement.
17. Undertake all reasonable and lawful duties not specifically mentioned in the job description as may be directed by the CIO or CEO.
- Minimum 6+ years experience delivering business intelligence or data-centric business solutions from conception through deployment and roll-out, preferably based upon the Oracle OBIEE and DB tool stack or other relational data base environments.
- Proven business analysis and stakeholder management expertise in orchestrating delivery of responsive business solutions.
- Proven and demonstrable project management expertise; demonstrate firm understanding of project management principles and methodologies. PMP or Prince 2 certification highly desirable.
- Strong technical systems analysis and business systems analysis skills including the ability to write and revise functional specifications, standards, policies and procedures, and propose technical application designs.
- Exposure to BI and ad hoc reporting tools such as Oracle Answers, and OBIEE server administration is desirable.
- Excellent organizational, oral presentation and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Proven ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Experience working in the Financial Services sector is highly desired.
- Knowledge of the credit union movement is a distinct advantage.
- Proven presentation and written communication skills using PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Good working knowledge of MS Project desirable.
- End-user expertise with Outlook and the Microsoft Office suite is essential.
- Experience with the SalesForce CRM system is desirable.
- Experience with business process mapping is desirable.
- Experience with ISO 27001 certification is desirable.
- BA/BS degree in IT, Business, Finance, Accounting, or a related discipline.
This is a varied and multi-faceted role, requiring the ability to multi-task across both internal ILCU and Enterprise activities. The successful candidate will be technically competent, have a proven track record of blending technology with business, the ability to think strategically and organisationally, and the agility to prioritise competing demands. S/he must possess excellent interpersonal and listening skills to interact with external and internal individuals, organisations, and networks.
The ILCU-affiliated credit unions reflect a significant presence in the Irish financial services sector, with combined assets of €13.46 billion, and 3.09 million members.
This position is based in Dublin but occasional travel throughout Ireland and Northern Ireland will be necessary. Work outside normal hours will be required from time to time.
The internal title of this role is Business Services Supervisor. Interested and qualified applicants are invited to reply to BA-PM@ilcunet.ie.