Compliance Officer(incl. MLRO role)-Link CU (Cavan) Ltd
Credit Union:Link Credit Union (Cavan) Limited
Address: Main Street, Kingscourt, Co Cavan
Position: Compliance Officer(incl. MLRO role) - FIXED TERM CONTRACT (4 days per week) to cover for maternity leave
GENERAL SCOPE OF ROLE: Compliance Officer
REPORTING TO: Board of Directors (via the CEO)
Reporting to the board of directors, the Compliance Officer will provide assurance to the board of directors, and also the Registrar of Credit Unions and Central Bank that the credit union is operating within the letter and the spirit of the legal and regulatory framework laid down within State, (and EU) law, and in particular the regulatory and supervisory framework required by the regulators and other statutory and professional bodies.
- To devise and implement a compliance system to ensure that all elements of all relevant products and services offered to members by the credit union are being carried out in accordance with relevant laws, regulations, policies and procedures, rules and Codes of Practice, and in line with industry best practice.
- To ensure the requirements of the compliance system are implemented and adhered to on an on-going basis, and to ensure relevant issues are effectively reported.
- To ensure appropriate compliance training programmes are delivered for the credit union’s directors, supervisors, committee members, employees and volunteers as required.
- To devise internal compliance audit procedures and ensure their implementation.
- Attend meetings with the Board and the ARC Committee.
- Role of Data Protection Officer; Managing Data Protection obligations as stated in Link Credit Union’s Data Protection Policy
GENERAL SCOPE OF ROLE: MLRO
REPORTING TO: Board of Directors
Reporting to the board of directors, the MLRO in conjunction with the board will help establish anti-money laundering and terrorist financing policies and procedures and will be responsible for receiving and dealing with all Suspicious Transaction Reports within the credit union.
- In conjunction with the board and manager establishing anti money laundering policies and procedures in line with latest legislation and regulation and according to best industry practice.
- Receiving and acting on reports of all suspicious transactions.
- Retaining on file all money laundering suspicion reports.
- Ensuring at all times that adequate policy, training, procedures and resources are in place in regard to money laundering & terrorist financing prevention
- Reporting to the board of directors on an annual basis as to the overall level of compliance with money laundering regulations
The skill set for this Role will include:
- Previous relevant qualification such as Pathways Diploma, or ACOI Diploma in compliance would be desirable or previous experience or role specific training in the roles.
- Experience in dealing with compliance issues in a financial services environment.
- The authority to be able to work alone and bring issues to the Board.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- An understanding of the credit union movement would be a distinct advantage.
- The role is a Central Bank Controlled Function and as such subject to strict Fitness & Probity obligations.
Closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday 23rd January 2017.
Please email your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link Credit Union Limited is an Equal Opportunities employer.