Credit Control officer- Kilcloon Credit Union Ltd.
Address: Kilcloon Credit Union Limited, The Square, Kilcock, Co Kildare.
Kilcloon Credit Union (“KCU”) is now recruiting a Credit Control Officer (“CCO”) who will be chiefly responsible for proactive implementation and oversight of credit control procedures to help minimise arrears. The CCO will report to the CEO, will work closely with the Credit Control Committee and be a member of the management team. This is a permanent full time role.
- Carry out the credit control function in accordance with Credit Control Policy;
- Adopt appropriate strategies in relation to loan re-scheduling, temporary arrangements and, where necessary, write-offs;
- Work closely with and provide support to the Credit Control Committee and prepare/cause to be prepared monthly reporting data for submission to the Board, via the Committee;
- Oversee and manage the progress of any interactions with Credit Union’s legal advisors and other outsourced third parties;
- Carry out quarterly loan book reviews and appropriately adjust provisioning where necessary;
- Maintain up-to-date records of all Related Party transactions including providing regular monthly reporting of same to the CEO and Credit Control Committee;
- Report to the CEO, or RCO any credit control issues pertaining to officers, or members which may give rise for significant concern;
- Support the CEO, Board, management team and Credit Control Committee in the implementation of policies, procedures or directives;
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate credit control records;
- Attend relevant training programmes and workshops as required by the credit union, or as identified by yourself;
- Remain up-to-date with legislation and regulation applicable to credit control work, briefing the CEO, management team and Credit Control Committee where appropriate;
- Attend and contribute to meetings of such committees as may be directed by the CEO, or the Board.
- 3+ years relevant experience in a credit control function;
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to use your initiative and to take a practical and sensitive approach to debt management will be important;
- Good IT skills particularly in the area of data extraction and manipulation in the use of Microsoft Office products;
- A good grounding in compliance and regulation in the credit union sector would be very beneficial;
- Familiarity with the credit union ethos, culture and practices is desirable;
- Employment experience gained in the financial services industry is desirable and in the credit union sector would be distinct advantage, but not essential;
- Professional qualification in a credit, or business related discipline is desirable, or progress towards the QFA, CUA, CU Diploma, or other relevant qualification at a minimum is required.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com by close of business on Friday 27th January 2017 and should include a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your previous credit control experience & qualifications, credit union experience (if any), salary expectations and availability.
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Canvassing will disqualify. Kilcloon Credit Union is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland, No. 344CU and is an equal opportunities employer.