Finance Officer - ANSAC Credit Union Limited
Address: 75 Amiens Street, Dublin 1
ANSAC Credit Union is now recruiting a Finance Officer. They will work closely with the CEO and be a key member of the management team. The Finance Officer will also deputise for the CEO in their absence.
Reporting to the CEO, the Finance Officer’s main responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance of all nominal ledgers and accounting processes including fixed asset register
- Preparation of monthly management accounts to include Income & Expenditure Account, Balance Sheet, Cash-flow Sheet and other strategic and financial KPI’s as may be specified
- Responsible for preparing and monitoring monthly and annual budgets, including reporting on variances from budgets and projections to actual results
- Responsibility for payroll related activities, including pension, PRSI etc. as well as reviewing and uploading payroll deductions to the member transaction system.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Responsibility for accounts payable
- Ensure that all regulatory returns are completed & submitted in an accurate and timely manner
- Co-ordinate and facilitate the statutory annual audit with external auditors
- Develop and document credit union processes and policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensuring that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained
- Prepare the financial analysis for business cases for the supply of new products and services to the members
The successful candidate should have
- 5 years or more relevant experience in a finance function, ideally as part of a team.
- A professional qualification to degree level or equivalent in finance, accounting or a business related discipline & progress towards the QFA, CUA or ACCUP will be required
- Familiarity with the ethos and practices of the credit union movement is desired
- Experience in dealing with Regulatory bodies and current knowledge of compliance standards of the credit union sector would be beneficial
- Assorted business skills to include interpretation of complex financial data, report generation and communication.
- Strong leadership skills, previous experience managing/leading a team
- Strong IT skills in particular in the use of excel for data extraction & manipulation
- Employment experience in the credit union sector or the financial services industry would be a distinct advantage but is not essential.
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Tuesday 31st January 2017. To apply please send your CV and include a cover letter outlining:
- Your previous finance experience & qualifications
- Credit Union experience (if applicable)
- Your salary expectations
Remuneration will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification. ANSAC Credit Union Ltd. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.