Finance Officer - Kilcloon Credit Union Limited
Address: Kilcloon Credit Union Ltd, The Square, Kilcock, Co Kildare
Kilcloon Credit Union (“KCU”) is now recruiting a Finance Officer. While chiefly assisting the CEO in the financial management of KCU, the Finance Officer will also deputise for the CEO as may be required, be a key member of the management team and will report to the CEO.
This is a permanent full time role.
- Maintain up-to-date nominal ledgers and provide timely financial performance reports to the CEO and the Board, to include income and expenditure, balance sheet, cash flow, ratio and liquidity data and other strategic and financial data as may be required;
- Prepare budgets, including variance reporting and projections against actuals;
- Prepare and upkeep weekly/monthly payroll data and bank reconciliations;
- Maintain accounts payable;
- Prepare and submit statutory returns and regulatory reports as required by the Central Bank of Ireland, Revenue, or any other statutory regulatory body;
- Oversee and review KCU’s investment portfolio, to include liaising with investment advisors and presenting investment proposals to the CEO and Investment Committee as required;
- Assist the CEO with the co-ordination of external and internal audits, including liaising with the external and internal auditors and taking a lead in the resolution of audit queries;
- Maintain IT and fixed asset registers;
- Assist in the co-ordination of Annual and Special General Meetings as required;
- Develop, document and implement internal systems and controls, in support of Board policies, and particularly as they relate to the financial management of KCU;
- Keep KCU’s CEO, management and Board up to date with all financial-related regulatory matters;
- Assist in the preparation of relevant provisioning data, including in the loan book review process, while working with outsourced third-parties;
- Undertake financial analyses for any capital investments, new services, or strategic planning initiatives as directed by the CEO;
- Attend and contribute to meetings of such committees as may be directed by the CEO, or the Board.
- 5+ years relevant experience in a finance function, ideally as part of a team;
- Demonstrable leadership, communication and project management skills and an ability to use initiative are important;
- Sound overall business skills to include interpretation of financial data and report generation;
- Good IT skills particularly in the area of data extraction and manipulation using Microsoft Office products;
- Experience of interacting with regulatory bodies (Central Bank) and a solid understanding of compliance and regulation in the credit union sector would be very beneficial;
- Familiarity with the credit union ethos, culture and practices is desirable;
- Employment experience gained in the financial services industry is desirable and in the credit union sector would be distinct advantage, but not essential;
- Professional qualification in finance, accounting or relevant business related discipline, or progress towards the QFA, CUA, CU Diploma, or other relevant qualification at a minimum, is required.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Friday 3rd February 2017 and should include a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your previous finance experience & qualifications, credit union experience (if any), salary expectations and availability.
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Canvassing will disqualify. Kilcloon Credit Union is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland, No. 344CU and is an equal opportunities employer.