Office Admin(Temp) - Tallaght & District CU Ltd.
A temporary position has arisen in Tallaght & District Credit Union Limited for an Office Administrator.
This position has arisen due to illness and will be offered on the basis of a Specified Purpose Contract
Reporting to the CEO, the Office Administrator’s main responsibilities will include:
- To deal with all telephone queries concerning Member accounts
- To take laser payments over the phone
- To balance and record daily lodgements to the bank and maintain the petty cash (float).
- To check and file all completed Internal/external reports, share to loan forms and daily reports, and ensure that files are kept up-to-date.
- To import SEPA Credit Transfers and Standing orders from bank(s) and allocate amounts to Members accounts if required.
- To pay all bills and ensure effective liaison with the CEO on this issue.
- To maintain computer records in an up-to-date manner, including the input of data and the production of reports.
- To record and deal effectively with all credit union correspondence.
- To act as Teller if required to ensure that Members have adequate service.
10. To keep stationary stocks up-to-date.
11. To record unpaid cheques and ensure their subsequent clearance.
12. To be aware and to comply with all Health & Safety regulations of the Credit Union.
13. To undertake such other reasonable and lawful duties as may be directed from time to time by the Manager/CEO.
The successful candidate should have
- 2 years or more relevant experience in a finance function, ideally as part of a team.
- A professional qualification to degree level or equivalent in finance, accounting or a business related discipline & progress towards the QFA, CUA or ACCUP will be required
- Familiarity with the ethos and practices of the credit union movement is desired
- Assorted business skills to include interpretation of complex financial data, report generation and communication.
- Strong IT skills, experience in Progress Banking would be an advantage
- Employment experience in the credit union sector or the financial services industry would be a distinct advantage but is not essential
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Thursday 26th January 2017. To apply please send your CV and include a cover letter outlining:
- Your previous experience & qualifications
- Credit Union experience (if applicable)
- Your salary expectations
Remuneration will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Tallaght & District Credit Union Ltd. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.