Risk Management Officer - Carlow District Credit Union Limited
Carlow District Credit Union Limited was established in 1963 and is one of the largest and most progressive community based credit unions in Ireland serving 28,500 members and managing assets of €95m.
Reporting to the CEO, the position of Risk Management Officer is a new appointment to the Management Team and will be responsible for risk management at the Credit Union.
The Risk Management Officer will implement and maintain the Credit Union’s Risk Management System taking account of the nature, scale, complexity and risk profile of the credit union. The Risk Management System will have governance arrangements and systems and controls to allow the Credit Union to identify, assess, measure, monitor, report and manage the risks which it is, or might reasonably be, exposed to.
The Risk Management Officer will implement a risk management process that ensures that all significant risks are identified and mitigated to a level consistent with the risk tolerance of the Credit Union.
Reporting to the CEO, the Risk Management Officer’s main duties / responsibilities will be to:
- Implement and maintain the Risk Management System and Risk Register approved by the Board of Directors.
- Assist the Board with the development of Risk Appetite and Risk Tolerance Statements that are aligned with strategic goals
- Create a culture of risk awareness, identification and management.
- Identify, assess, report and monitor all internal and external risks that could affect the Credit Union.
- Document risks, policies, processes, systems and controls
- Assist the CEO and Management Team with managing and mitigating risks, including regulatory compliance (e.g. PRISM)
- Report monthly to the Board of Directors and report significant risk events in a timely manner
The successful candidate will have:
- 5 years plus experience in a financial services environment working in risk management or a related discipline such as internal audit, internal control or regulatory compliance
- A degree and/or professional qualification preferably in risk management (IRM, ISO31000), internal audit or accounting
- Knowledge and experience of information security, including cyber risk
- Excellent analytical, numeracy and report writing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills, ability to prioritise and multi-task
- In depth understanding of financial services regulatory and compliance requirements
Remuneration will be highly competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Carlow District Credit Union Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Canvassing will disqualify.
Carlow District Credit Union Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland
Please forward, Cover Letter and CV in confidence quoting reference RMO-02 preferably by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to arrive on or before Friday, 20 January 2017:
P.O. Box 8332
Blackrock Business Park
Applications to O’Donovan Associates only.
Canvassing the credit union will disqualify.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday, 20 January 2017