Credit Union Excellent Member Service: Not Just Face to Face
21 Nov 2020
Online, Phone and Mobile Banking from your Local Credit Union
Friendly, personable, and face-to-face: it’s what members know and love most about their credit union. Lately, with a huge increase in members requiring online and phone banking facilities, many credit unions have expanded or promoted existing services.
More members can now transfer money and apply for loans online, via email, a mobile app or over the phone - so they can bank on the go, or from the comfort of their home.
Below, we’ve listed examples of how you can bank with your credit union – so you don’t always need to visit us in person. (As much as you may want to).
If you’ve any questions about setting up an online account, making a loan application online, by email or over the phone, why not contact your local credit union? You may find your local office here.
Credit Union Online Loans
Many credit unions have a seen a surge in online loan applications. If you are registered for online banking, you can simply login to the member’s area, and submit an online loan application form.
Online Access of Loan Funds
Once the online loan application has been submitted and approved, many credit unions are now allowing members to also sign online to secure the loan, so you don’t have to visit the office. You may apply for the loan, accept and drawdown your money all from the comfort of home.
Credit Union Online Banking
Money transfers, Direct Debits
More credit union members are now logging on to use online services. In many credit unions, you can register for online banking to transfer funds between internal accounts, to or from external bank accounts, set up direct debits to pay bills, as well as your check account balance.
Credit Union Mobile Apps
To access your account balance, set up payments and more, why not see if your credit union has a mobile app available to download?
With many credit unions now offering banking apps to complement online banking facilities, it means you can easily and quickly check your balance, transfer funds, and/or apply for a loan - at the touch of a button.
Credit Union Current Accounts
With many credit unions now offering current accounts, members can use their credit union current account card to make contactless payments and withdraw cash.
Check if your local credit union offers a current account by contacting them here.
Credit Union Phone Services
Given that members may be reluctant to visit credit union offices, many credit unions have increased phone supports available, and in some cases introduced member services centres to handle the influx of calls.
If you aren’t registered for online banking, some credit unions may allow you to will support your requirements via a dedicated address.
Below are sample of credit unions who offer online banking, online lending and/or mobile banking services. This is by no means an exhaustive list – to see what your local credit union has to offer, please get in touch with them here.
Credit Union Online Service Examples
- Newington Credit Union have recently launched their mobile app, read more here.
- In a recent survey, Ballina credit union found that 60% of their members preferred digital channels to carry out transactions. They recently launched their mobile banking app to allow members to check balances, transfer funds and check loan rates.
- St. Canice’s credit union offer online and mobile banking services, and allow members to set up recurring payments, making it easier for them to pay off loans online.
- People First credit union now have a dedicated call centre with a team of highly trained and skilled staff ready to answer your calls, deal with on-line enquiries, loan enquiries etc., as well as their online banking services. More info on their call centre here.
- You can use all of Cara Credit Union’s online banking and online loan services via CUAnywhere app, and CUOnline.
- Life credit union: Apply for a loan or use their online banking facilities by logging into their website, or downloading their mobile app.
- Core credit union’s CUAnywhere app and online banking portal allows you to access your account on the go.
- Sligo credit union allow members to register and use online banking to apply for a loan, transfer funds, pay bills and check account balances.
- Member First Credit Union have recently introduced their e-signature service via Docusign, meaning once their loan has been approved, members can also access their loan funds without visiting the branch.
- Arklow credit union’s online banking facility allows members to apply for a loan, and once approved, sign for it from the comfort of their home. More info here.
- As part of their online banking offering, Ballyshannon and Killybegs credit union allow members to apply for a loan online, upload relevant documents and sign for their loan – all without leaving their home.
- Via their website and/or mobile app, HSCCU offer full online loan applications and drawdowns as well as other online banking services.
- Progressive credit union offer members the new complete online loan, means that you can apply for your loan collect online and repay online using your PCU Current Account.
- With Capital credit union’s CUOnline+, you can carry out online transactions, upload documents and access your account 24/7.
- St. Anthony and Claddagh credit union saw a large surge in members using their online banking facilities during lockdown. You can access their online banking facility, and apply and drawdown from the comfort of your home.