The Lough Credit Union Ltd
100-103 Bandon Road, Cork
The Lough Credit Union is a member-owned financial services provider on the southside of Cork City that has operated at the heart of its community for over half a century.
With over 13,000 members, assets in excess of €102million and with offices in Bandon Road and Togher, the credit union’s mission is to provide financial services for all its members in a professional manner; “not for profit, not for charity, but for service”.
The credit union is focused on providing those residing, working and studying in its community with a genuine co-operative banking solution, by offering products and services driven by the needs of the membership rather than by profit or corporate interest. At the core of the credit union’s mission is the philosophy and operating principles of the Irish Credit Union Movement.
Administrative Assistant (Ref: LCU AA2019)
Contract Status: Full-Time, Permanent Contract
Reporting to: Officer-in-Charge
The credit union is seeking to appoint an Administrative Assistant. Reporting directly to the Officer in Charge the Administrative Assistant will provide an efficient service to members of The Lough Credit Union, and will be accountable for carrying out a range of administrative and operational activities within authorised limits that contribute to the effective running of the credit union.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- Providing an efficient, effective & courteous telephone service
- Performing a range of duties that support effective member service and internal customer care, including: dealing with the post, processing & recording lodgements wages and wage deductions, internal transfers and EFT payments, sub-office transactions, scanning, operational incidents, filing, conducting end of day processes, account reconciliation, member queries, complaint resolution and general office duties: report-writing, photocopying, correspondence, statements, tax certificates, scanning, typing, shredding, faxing etc. as required.
The successful candidate will:
• Enjoy working on their own initiative;
• Have excellent written and verbal English;
• Demonstrate strong attention to detail and accuracy in approach, striving to meet performance standards.
• Approach daily tasks with energy, engagement and enthusiasm.
• Carry out activities in an orderly and well-structured manner.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date information.
• Possess good IT skills, and will have experience of using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
• Be willing to upskill and undertake training where required
• Have an understanding of the credit union sector in Ireland (desirable)
How to Apply:
- The complete role description for the position can be downloaded by visiting: www.loughcu.ie, and click on ‘Blog’
- Applicants should state clearly the reference number on their application:
- Administrative Assistant: LCU AA2019
Applications should include a cover Letter and CV and can be sent as follows:
- By Email: email@example.com, or
- By Hard copy, marked for the attention of Jamie O’ Leary, CEO, The Lough Credit Union Limited, 100-103 Bandon Road, Cork.
Closing Date for Applications: 5pm, Friday, 26th July 2019.
To access the credit union recruitment privacy notice, please visit: www.loughcu.ie, and click on ‘Blog’
The Lough Credit Union Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Canvassing will disqualify.
The Lough Credit Union Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland