Assistant to the Operations Manager
Lisburn Credit Union Ltd
Job Title: Assistant to the Operations Manager
Reporting to: Operations Manager Salary Circa £24-£25k Hours 35 weekends included
Name of Credit Union: Lisburn Credit Union Ltd
Address: 2-6 Bachelors Walk Lisburn BT28 1XJ
Summary of Role: An excellent key executive opportunity has now arisen for an experienced, proactive, professional senior person reporting to the Operations Manager and assuming a responsible position on the senior operational management team working for the successful operation of Lisburn Credit Union Limited.
Reporting directly to the Manager, the Assistant to the Operations Manager will provide an efficient service to members within the authorised limits granted by the manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
1.To assist the manager in the day to day operation of the credit union and to deputise for them in their absence.
2. To draw up and agree staff / volunteer rosters to ensure that all positions are properly manned at all times.
3. To orderly and accurately record staff attendance and leave.
4. To deal with new membership applications and to advise and assist new applicants in all aspects of the credit union’s operation, services and policies.
5. To act as loans officer assisting in providing credit checks and income verification whilst providing support to credit control.
6. To authorise the payments of loans to members subject to such limitations as to amount, duration, terms of repayment and security required as shall have been established in writing by the board of directors of the credit union.
7. To ensure that all loan applications not approved by the loans officer are placed before the credit committee for consideration.
8. To process standing order payments from members.
9. To update monthly standing order payments from members.
10. To take responsibility for the processing of insurance death claims.
11. To work closely with various committees of the credit union with the aim of providing the best possible service to members.
12. To attend and contribute to meetings of such committees as may be directed by the Manager and the board of directors.
13. To undertake such other reasonable and lawful duties as may be directed from time to time by the manager.
1. Pathways certificate in Credit Union studies, ACCUP or equivalent or,
2. A relevant third level qualification.
3. In addition, at least 2 years previous experience in a Credit Union or other financial organisation and,
4. Evidence of a least one year’s experience in last two years of using Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office and,
5. A minimum of one year’s experience working in administration and,
6. Good communication and organisational skills and,
7. Ability to work as part of a team
Lisburn Credit Union Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
For further details including a soft Job Application form please contact
Martin Busch 2-6 Bachelors Walk Lisburn Co.Antrim email@example.com
Applications by post LCU address or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Canvassing will disqualify
Closing Date for applications: 31/07/2019
Please contact Martin Busch on email@example.com for a copy of the Recruitment Privacy Notice.