Health Services Staffs Credit Union
James Street, Dublin 8
Position: Branch Manager
Contract: Permanent Full Time, 35 Hours per week
Reporting To: Branch Liaison Manager
Location: HSSCU, James Street, Dublin 8
Starting Salary: €47,706 (or relevant point on scale depending on expereince)
A/L: 28 days
Pension: Defined Contribution Occupational Pension Scheme
The Health Services Staff’s Credit Union is growing from strength to strength and has over 52,000 members, offering a wide range of financial products and services to our members at competitive rates and attractive terms. We endeavour to be the most reliable, respected, and preferred financial institution for our members, providing good value, modern, accessible and tailored services and support on a nationwide basis. We now have an exciting opportunity in our James branch, as Branch Manager.
The James Street Branch is open 5 days a week Monday to Friday. The contracted hours for this post are 35 hours per week:
Monday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Tuesday: 9.00 am to 5:00 pm
Wednesday: 9.00 am to 5:00 pm
Thursday: 9.00 am to 5:00 pm
Friday: 9.00 am to 5:00 pm
The Branch Manager role is to provide the leadership required to maintain the branch of HSSCU, ensuring a high standard of service delivery to the members of the Credit Union, manage, direct and administer the daily operations of the branch in line with HSSCU’S processes and procedures.
This position will have a variety of duties including;
- Supervise the workflow in the branch and oversee that members are dealt with promptly, efficiently and in a friendly manner by member services staff. You will also be required to provide supervision, direction and motivation to staff who work in the branch.
- Assess loan applications in line with your approval authority,
- Act as a point of escalation whereby staff require assistance with any of the following: assisting members with their account management, acting as teller, assisting members with Credit Control queries or assisting members with any of the range of services offered by HSSCU
- To prioritise all tasks required to be completed according to their urgency.
- Complete the relevant branch tasks within the prescribed policies and procedures
- Act as an ambassador for change, encourage & empower team members to identify and implement process & policy improvements.
- Ensure all staff under your supervision are adequately trained to carry out their duties effectively and that they adhere to HSSCU policies and procedures.
- Communicate and address any concerns in relation to staff or members to the line manager and/or HR Manager.
- To manage the annual leave and any other leaves of the office to ensure that the office is sufficiently staffed and to highlight in a timely manner any expected staffing level deficiency identified.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback to member services staff on their performance, including, partaking in the ongoing performance management process of all staff under your supervision.
- Maintain oversight of the branch goals and to provide regular structured reports on a daily, weekly or Monthly basis on the progress on these goals to your line manager.
- Partake in the Risk Management process, identifying risks to the Credit Union in conjunction with management and to report any identifiable risks to the Risk Officer.
- Operating always within the credit union’s compliance framework, ensuring compliance with all applicable legislation and regulation
- Ensure branch facilities, branch equipment and software are up to date and ready to serve the membership, contact facilities management team for any maintenance, service and repairs
- Undertaking such other reasonable and lawful duties as may be directed from time to time by a line Manager, the CEO and/or members of the management team.
- The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum Competency Qualification in line with the Central Bank of Ireland’s Minimum Competency Code suitable for lending and sale of Payment Protection Insurance.
- Excellent interpersonal & communications skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent analytical & decision-making skills
- Excellent administration skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Strong coaching & mentoring skills
- Good to strong information technology skills
- Willingness to be flexible and partake in ongoing training
|Member Relationship Management
|Communication and influencing
|Strategic thinking and commercial acumen
|Teamwork and collaboration
|People management and leadership
||Very Strong to Expert
|Planning and priority setting
||Very Strong to Expert
|Problem solving and decision making
||Strong to Very Strong
|IT, digital and social media
||Good to strong
(A full Job Description is available on request)
- The successful candidate will be required to have previously satisfied the minimum competency requirements as set out in the Central Bank Guidelines for the sale of insurance products. (QFA/CUA/APA in Loans, Pathways CU Diploma/ACCUP)
- 3rd Level Qualification is preferable
- At least 4 years’ experience working in a similar role
- At least 2 years experience in a supervisor & people management role
Please apply with an up to date CV and the completed typed application form - see below template & Link to download* ) by emailing same to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the HRD Manager by Friday 25th September 2020 at 1pm. Please put Branch Manager James Street in the subject line of the e-mail.
*If you have any difficulty in downloading the application form please e-mail email@example.com and request a copy.
Expected Shortlisting: Week commencing 28th September 2020
Expected Interviews: Week commencing 28th September 2020
Please note it is expected that interviews will be carried out remotely using the platform’Zoom’
Health Services Staffs Credit Union is an equal opportunities employer, canvassing will disqualify If you would like a copy of our Recruitment Privacy Statement please request same by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org