Public Service Credit Union Ltd
Business Development and Marketing Manager
Public Service Credit Union is a progressive, member-focused industrial credit union whose primary aim is to provide financial services that meet the needs of our growing membership. We now wish to appoint a Business Development and Marketing Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading and ambitious credit union and to play a key role in its growth and development.
Business Development and Marketing Manager
Contract Status: Full Time, Permanent Contract
Reporting to: CEO
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Business Development and Marketing Manager’s main role is to achieve growth in lending, member activity, member engagement and new membership, through the development and implementation of a range of engagement initiatives and marketing and communications plans, in a manner that is compliant with regulation, legislation and effective risk management. They will also undertake a range of research, planning and implementation initiatives, in relation to the formulation, testing and roll-out of new projects, products and/or services.
More specifically, the Business Development and Marketing Manager will:
- Achieve strategic plan objectives within agreed budgets and time frames;
- Prepare and implement annual marketing plans that are closely aligned with the strategic plan, incorporating proposed budget / costings, implementation schedule and projected outcomes;
- Organise and conduct quantitative and qualitative research to assess member needs and wants, the competitive positioning of PSCU’s service offering, and other factors relevant to growth;
- Devise, design and execute:
- creative initiatives to increase membership and promote service uptake;
- marketing and communications materials including newsletters, ezines, events-related material, brochures, leaflets and leave-behinds;
- proposed KPIs for measuring success of the CU’s marketing activity and report on such measurements as part of a monthly activity report;
- strategies in relation to younger members, those about to turn age 18 and dormant accounts;
- Measurements to determine the contribution of PSCU’s social media communications to building both brand and product awareness among members and potential members of the credit union;
- Collaborate with other credit unions and utilise materials and expertise from the Irish League of Credit Unions;
- Share responsibility for the development, upkeep and regular updating of the credit union’s website and social media platforms;
- Arrange webinars and workplace visits to different work locations in the public service, ensure a presence at induction courses;
- Convene and co-ordinate meetings of the credit union Marketing Committee;
- Take primary responsibility for the organisation and running of PSCU events, including the AGM, Charity of the Year, educational draw, Credit Union Day;
- Liaise with the Risk, Compliance, Lending, IT, Finance and Member Services functions to ensure a compliant, risk-managed scoping-out process, product roll-out and evaluation of new products and services;
- Promote credit union philosophy and ensure compliance with regulation and legislation at all times;
The successful candidate will have:
- A relevant primary degree (e.g. business, marketing) or equivalent experience
- Experience in a development and marketing role, devising and implementing marketing strategies and plans
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A positive and engaging personality; the ability to engage, persuade and influence, to make presentations to groups, meetings and in a training environment
- Self-motivated with an ability to further develop business opportunities and to launch new initiatives
- Ability to develop strong business relationships within all levels of the organisation and within the credit union sector
- Strong working knowledge of regulatory compliance laws and regulations related to the financial services sector, and in particular, the credit union sector
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software application
- Experience in, or an understanding of, the credit union sector in Ireland (desirable)
Benefits of working in PSCU
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Monday to Friday working week with a possibility of some remote working
- Credit union open to considering an element of part time working
- Excellent pension and other benefits
How to Apply:
The complete role description for the position can be downloaded by visiting: www.pscu.ie/Downloads
Applicants should state clearly the reference number for the position i.e Business Development and Marketing Manager: PSCUBDM2022
Applications should include a cover letter and CV and can be sent as follows:
By Email: email@example.com, or
By hard copy, marked for the attention of Paul Ryan, CEO, Public Service Credit Union Limited, St Stephen’s Green House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2.
Closing Date for Applications: 5pm, Friday 9th December 2022.
Please note: It is anticipated that interviews for the position will be held in early January 2023.
To access the credit union privacy notice, please visit: www.pscu.ie/Downloads.
Public Service Credit Union Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Canvassing will disqualify.
Public Service Credit Union Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland