Business Development Officer - North Midlands Credit Union
North Midlands Credit Union is a large progressive community based credit union with assets of €480 million and a loan book of €100 million. It has a membership of 60,000 and a branch network across six offices: Mullingar, Castlepollard, Kinnegad, Rochfortbridge, Lanesboro-Ballyleague and Longford We are seeking to recruit an experienced, multi-skilled, hands-on business development officer to assist in the further development of our business.
The Business Development Officer will support the continued growth of the Credit Union by evaluating and developing current and evolving opportunities across the full range of credit union activities; including
member services, lending, product development, building new and expanding existing business
relationships and opportunities, and the promotion of all aspects of the Credit Union in an efficient and
effective manner. The successful candidate will play a key role in promoting active membership and lending growth.
- Ensure all available business development opportunities are fully explored and developed
- Design and implement strategies to ensure the achievement of growth objectives
- Maintain a detailed understanding of credit union products and services, members needs and competitor offerings
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy both traditional and online
- Develop information literature and online content to educate and promote the services of the credit union
- Develop and maintain relationships with individuals, groups and businesses
- Develop formal and informal links with employers, schools, voluntary and statutory bodies and other organisations
- Develop policies and procedures in relation to the provision of new and existing services
- Ongoing training and development of staff to ensure the professional delivery of products and services.
- Organise and attend promotional and event activities
- Serve as a member and co-ordinate activities of Committees as required
- Report to Management Team on business growth activities and metrics
- Liaise with branch credit unions to ensure excellent customer service and satisfaction
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Previous relevant experience in a results driven business development role
- A third level business / marketing degree or equivalent
- Strong understanding of social media advertising and digital marketing tools
- Demonstrable experience on developing and delivering online and traditional marketing campaigns
- A customer centric approach, focused on delivering continuous improvement in services provision
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to adapt to new situations
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritise
- Excellent IT skills, with strong data base analysis and Microsoft Office capabilities, is essential for the production of online and other content.
- Drive and enthusiasm for the Credit Union ethos
- A clean driver’s licence
Applications for the above position detailing education, experience and current salary should be made in writing and addressed to:
THE OFFICE SUPERVISOR, NORTH MIDLANDS CREDIT UNION, OLIVER PLUNKETT STREET, MULLINGAR, CO WESTMEATH
or via email to:
Closing date for applications: Friday 23rd June 2023
Short listing may apply, based on written applications against the criteria set out above.
Canvassing will disqualify.
North Midlands Credit Union Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
If you would like a copy of our Recruitment Privacy Statement, please request same.