Unity Credit Union Ltd
47 Athlunkard Street, Limerick
Position: Business Development Officer
Unity Credit Union is at the heart of the community in Limerick City for almost 55 years. We have assets almost €90 million and three branch offices. We have recently launched our new Strategic Plan which aims to protect the future of our 17,000 members. We now wish to hire a Business Development Officer to assist with the implementation of our new strategy.
1. Implement the organic growth strategy of the Credit Union in line with the mission and vision and as set out in the strategic plan;
2. Present monthly key growth performance indicators and key growth risk indicators to the Management Team;
3. Monitor competitor activity and anticipate product and service threats and opportunities by scanning the financial market in general and our community and surrounding areas in particular;
4. Make prudent decisions regarding preparation, purchase and distribution of marketing literature, product information, signage, displays and other marketing aids.
5. Develop Unity’s corporate and community image through ongoing development of our social media presence;
6. Build positive relationships with business partners, key stakeholders, member categories and media representatives;
1. Provide support to Branch Managers to ensure continuous improvement in developing and achieving business goals with particular emphasis on increasing the membership and growing the loan book;
2. Provide clear leadership and motivation in helping Branch Managers, staff members and key stakeholders to solve specific challenges and to generate and implement new branch marketing and development ideas;
1. Assist in the development and implementation of the marketing plan to ensure efficient management of the marketing activities;
2. Assist in the creation and management of advertising and communication campaigns;
3. Conduct market research and analysis to evaluate member satisfaction and brand awareness;
4. Assist with and develop targeted marketing campaigns to grow the loan book;
1. Regularly upgrade and update the credit union’s website to ensure optimal functionality and to showcase press releases, product and service developments and member focused information;
2. Social Media management including development of monthly content plans and content – using the latest social media trends to achieve marketing goals;
3. Assist with the management of a CRM System and Online Loan Leads;
1. Assist with sponsorship management and key promotional events;
2. Assist with community stakeholder relationship management and communication;
The successful candidate should have the following:
• Appropriate third level degree / professional marketing/digital qualification;
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills;
• Comprehensive knowledge of and experience in technology developments;
• Strong ability to organise effectively, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly; and,
• Leadership skills and communication skills, with the ability to manage stakeholder, member and third-party relationships.
How to Apply:
Applications including curriculum vitae and cover letter by email addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for receipt of applications is Friday 3rd May 2019
Short listing may apply and assessment will be done on the basis of the information provided in the application. The remuneration package offered will be commensurate with requirements of this position.
Unity Credit Union is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Please email email@example.com for a copy of our Recruitment Privacy Notice.