Ballina Credit Union Ltd
is now inviting applications for the following position:
CEO (Ref. BCU CEO 2024)
Ballina Credit Union is a progressive financial services provider with over 18,000 members and total assets of over €107 million. Our offices on O’Rahilly Street, are at the heart of the community in Ballina. Our core value is to promote the financial wellbeing of our members, while helping to develop vibrant communities that are socially, economically and environmentally sustainable. This is a unique opportunity to join a strong, successful and growing financial institution and to shape the future success and strategy of Ballina Credit Union.
Principal responsibilities of the Role:
The CEO will report to the Board of Directors and will be primarily responsible for ensuring quality implementation of BCU’s strategic vision. In doing so, the CEO will lead and manage the operations and day-to-day administration of the Credit Union and its staff, ensuring it performs and operates to the highest standards whilst ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements. The CEO will act at all times within the policies as laid down by the Board, the Credit Union Act 1997 (as amended 2018), and within the ethos/philosophy of the Credit Union, in service to its members and the community.
- Provide overall direction and leadership in the management of the Credit Union.
- Develop and implement the strategic and business objectives in association with the Board.
- Lead the planning, implementation and creative development of all growth strategies, nurturing relationships and collaborations to support sustainable business growth.
- Effective coaching, development and motivation of staff who continue to contribute to the growth and performance of the Credit Union.
- Oversee the performance of Ballina Credit Union to maximise financial return, growth and diversification of the loan book and service to members.
- Ensure effective working relationships with the Credit Union's regulatory stakeholders including; Central Bank, Data Protection Commissioner and Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman.
- Full compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements including the areas of risk, data protection, money laundering, employment law and health and safety.
- Ensure high quality internal controls to safeguard the assets of the members of Ballina Credit Union.
- Accurate presentation and reporting of financial accounts to the Board.
- Assist the Board in formulating and reviewing policies for all aspects of the business.
- Devise and manage targets and performance standards for all employees and key areas of the business plan.
- Support the Board of Directors in all aspects of their Governance role.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Experience in leading and managing a diverse workforce in a regulated environment.
- A financial services background with a forward-looking and growth mind-set.
- Demonstrable strategic development, implementation and leadership capabilities.
- Exceptional people management and motivational skills.
- Proven achievement in employee management, organisation and business development.
- Demonstrated capabilities in business improvements and change management.
- Appropriate third level degree or equivalent experience.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly member-focused with an emphasis on delivery and growth.
- Knowledge of and experience in technology development.
- Role is subject to Central Bank Fitness and Probity Regime Assessment and is a PCF function
How to Apply:
Applications including CV and cover letter by email addressed to: email@example.com
Applicants should state clearly the reference number: BCU CEO 2024
Closing Date for receipt of applications is Friday March 8th 2024
Short listing may apply, and assessment will be done on the basis of the
information provided in the application
Ballina Credit Union Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer