Ballinasloe Credit Union Ltd
Is now inviting applications for the following full-time position of
Chief Executive Officer ( CEO)
Reporting to the Board of Directors
Summary of Role: An excellent key executive opportunity has now arisen for an experienced, proactive professional CEO reporting to the Board and assuming overall responsibility for the successful operation of Ballinasloe Credit Union Limited
The successful candidate will manage, monitor and control the day to day operations of the Credit Union in accordance with legislation, regulation and standards of sound business practice and Board policy.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Development and implementation of strategic and business plans;
- Develop future leadership within the Credit Union;
- Set targets for all key operations of the Credit Union in line with Board policy;
- To propose to the Board for approval, policies and operational plans in relation to the remuneration and conditions of staff as well as all matters pertaining to staffing numbers, recruitment, promotion and organisational structures;
- Develop and grow the business through innovative marketing and business development initiatives;
- Provide overall direction and leadership in the management of the Credit Union;
- Oversee and manage the operations of the Credit Union and manage its compliance with legal and regulatory requirements;
- Monitor, review and oversee the performance of staff
- Ensure that staff and the Board have sufficient up to date information
- Responsible for the accurate preparation of month end accounts, maintenance and control of the nominal ledger, and ensure all nominal ledger reconciliations and bank reconciliations are carried out on a monthly basis;
- Prepare financial accounts for the Board;
- Organise the AGM, prepare all reports, including a CEO monthly report;
- Prepare and submit, as appropriate, all quarterly Prudential Returns, half year review, annual statutory accounts and the annual report;
- Provide prompt, thorough, and accurate information to keep the board appropriately informed of the Credit Union’s financial position
- Liaise with members as required via phone or face to face;
- As required ensure and supervise the accurate completion of Loan Applications in compliance with policy and procedures;
- Preside over an efficient lending service to members within the authorised limits;
- Consult with Marketing Officer to review applications for Social Funds/requests for sponsorship
- Administer, supervise and control day to day operations in the Credit Union, including all staffing arrangements and requirements;
- Responsible for the Credit Union complying with all statutory and other appropriate regulatory requirements;
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role within the Credit Union movement or a related financial institution is essential, coupled with a proven career background of excellent inter-personnel leadership skills and commercial acumen.
- You will demonstrate a strong operational understanding of Financial/IT/Administrative operational systems; ideally hold a Business or Financial 3rd level qualification and display a natural sense of self-reliance, drive, ambition and the will to succeed.
- Strong legislative and regulatory knowledge of Credit Unions,
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs to include Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Adept problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Excellent customer service and team-building skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
This position will be a pre-approval controlled function (PCF) within the Central Bank of Ireland’s fitness and probity regime.
For further details including a full Job Description please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to email@example.com before 8th March 2019
Ballinasloe Credit Union Limited is an equal opportunities employer.