Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Tower Credit Union Limited,
Clondalkin, Co. Dublin
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Reporting to: Board of Directors
Tower Credit Union Limited was established in 1962 and is one of the largest and most progressive community based credit unions in Ireland serving 26,000 members and managing assets approaching €100m. The Credit Union has four offices in West Dublin with its main office in Clondalkin Village. The Board of Directors wishes to appoint a CEO due to the impending retirement of the current CEO.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will lead a strong and established Management Team and will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and performance of the Credit Union.
Management experience in retail financial services is essential for the role. The successful applicant will have a business degree and/or relevant professional qualification and will have significant experience working in Credit Union management, retail banking, personal lending or similar positions in the financial services industry.
A clear understanding of the ethos and operating principles of credit unions is desirable.The position is a Pre-Approved Controlled Function (CUPCF-2) for Fitness and Probity under the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 (Sections 20 & 22 – Credit Unions) Regulations 2013.
Reporting to the Board of Directors and located in Clondalkin, Dublin 22, the CEO’s main responsibilities will be to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Credit Union
- Appoint, lead and motivate the Management Team and Staff
- Draft strategies and policies for Board approval
- Report monthly to the Board on the performance of the Credit Union
- Oversee the Credit Union investment portfolio and liaise with investment managers
- Ensure appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained
- Utilise IT systems and reports to set key performance measures
- Prepare statutory returns to the Central Bank of Ireland
- Promote and deliver services to Members including online and current account services
- Assist the Board and Committees in the performance of their duties
- Represent the Credit Union with service providers, regulatory authorities, industry bodies and other Credit Unions.
The successful candidate will have:
- A third level business degree and/or relevant professional qualification
- A minimum of ten years’ experience working at a senior level in the financial services industry
- A track record of achievement in a similar role
- Excellent people management skills
- A detailed knowledge and understanding of Credit Unions
- Very strong financial and IT skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work on their own initiative and lead others to achieve agreed objectives.
Salary will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications
Tower Credit Union Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Applications will be shortlisted for interview. Canvassing will disqualify
Tower Credit Union Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland
Please forward, Cover Letter and CV in confidence quoting reference CEO-02 preferably by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to O’Donovan Associates to arrive on or before Tuesday, 3 December 2019.
P.O. Box 8332
Blackrock Business Park
Applications to O’Donovan Associates only.
Canvassing the credit union will disqualify.
Closing Date for Applications: Tuesday, 3 December 2019