Rathmore & District Credit Union Ltd.
Chief Financial Controller
Rathmore & District Credit Union is seeking to recruit a Financial Controller to join our dynamic team and contribute to the ongoing success of the Credit Union. We are a community-based credit union, member owned and not for profit with 9,800 members and an asset base of €78 million.
You will play a vital role in ensuring the financial stability and growth of the Credit Union. Your primary responsibility will be to manage and oversee the financial operations and activities of the Credit Union, maintaining accurate financial records and provide valuable insights to support strategic decision making. You will work closely with the management team and report directly to the CEO.
- Prepare Monthly Management accounts for the board while developing and implementing financlal strategies, policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective management of the Credit Union financial resources. Monitor Financial performance and provide advice to ensure growth and stability.
- Prepare accurate statements Including Balance Sheet, Income & Expenditure, Bank Reconciliations, and other reports where necessary in a timely fashion while remaining compliant with the relevant accounting standards. Provide analysis and support to the management team, Board of Directors, auditors, and central bank when required.
- Develop and monitor Budgets and take corrective action when needed to achieve the credit union's financial goals.
- Assess and manage financial risks such as credit, market, and liquidity. Develop Strategies and controls to safeguard the credit union and work within regulatory parameters.
- Oversee the Credit Unions Investments in conjunction with our broker, monitoring market conditions and recommend investments opportunities that are aligned with the Credit Union risk appetite and objectives.
- Manage and run the payroll and make the necessary returns to the credit unions pension provider and revenue.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations and policies and work closely with the Credit Union's internal auditors addressing any findings and recommendations.
- Membership of a professional accountancy body in Ireland e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA, ACMA, CIMA-CGMA.
- Minimum 3 years post qualification experience.
- Strong Knowledge of Financial Principles, practices, and regulations.
- Proficient in Financial Analysis budgeting and forecasting
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and provide recommendations and advice.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with colleague members and external stakeholders.
- Have a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
For the successful applicant an attractive remuneration package will depend on experience.
Please apply to the CEO, Rathmore & District Credit Union Ltd., Donal Casey Place, Rathmore, Co Kerry or email email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 22/9/2023.
Rathmore & District Credit Union is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland and is an equal opportunity employer.