Chief Financial Officer (CFO) - Tower Credit Union Limited
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Reporting to: CEO
Tower Credit Union Limited was established in 1962 and is one of the largest and most progressive community based credit unions in Ireland serving 26,000 members and managing assets in excess of €90m. The Credit Union has four offices in West Dublin with its main office in Clondalkin Village.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is a new appointment and will be a key member of the Management Team. S/he will be responsible for the operation and development of the finance function.
The CFO’s role covers financial management and financial control covering all aspects of the Credit Union’s operation (e.g. preparation of financial statements, payroll, accounts payable, investments etc).
Experience in managing a finance function with balance sheet responsibility is essential for the role. The successful applicant will have a relevant accountancy qualification and will have gained significant post qualification experience working in a similar or relevant position.
A clear understanding of the ethos and operating principles of credit unions is desirable. The position is a Controlled Function for Fitness and Probity under the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 (Sections 20 & 22 – Credit Unions) Regulations 2013.
Reporting to the CEO, the CFO will:
- Manage the finance function and oversee payments processing.
- Manage employees in the financial function.
- Prepare financial and management accounts, including budgets and cashflows.
- Implement financial controls and cost controls.
- Engage in ongoing financial planning and cost / benefit analyses for new projects.
- Oversee the administration of investments.
- Report to the CEO and the Board of Directors.
- Prepare and submit regulatory returns.
The successful candidate will have:
- A professional qualification (ACA / ACCA / CPA / CGMA) and current membership of an accountancy body in Ireland.
- Five or more years post qualification experience, ideally in a financial services organisation performing a similar role.
- Financial management skills.
- People management skills.
- Superior inter-personal, communication and presentation skills, including strong ICT literacy.
- A knowledge and understanding of the ethos of Credit Unions or equivalent financial operations.
- High self-motivation with a track record of achieving goals and results.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Credit Union is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Canvassing will Disqualify. Applicants will be shortlisted for interview.
Tower Credit Union Ltd. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland
Please forward, Cover Letter and CV in confidence quoting reference CFO-02 preferably by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org by post to O’Donovan Associates to arrive on or before Thursday, 28 February 2019.
P.O. Box 8332
Blackrock Business Park
Applications to O’Donovan Associates only.
Canvassing the credit union will disqualify.
Closing Date for Applications: Thursday, 28 February 2019