Chief Operations Officer and Deputy CEO
Our client, a large community credit union in Co. Monaghan, is seeking to recruit a Chief Operations Officer/Deputy CEO.
This is an excellent opportunity to continue to lead the further development of a large community-based credit union, with assets of c.€120 million and 20 employees, providing for the financial needs of its members.
The COO is responsible for the ongoing successful delivery of the operational goals of the credit union. As such, the COO will provide leadership and oversight of the key functions including:
- member service operations
- operational fraud risk management
- operational compliance
- IT and IT vendor management
- digital transformation
- services across the credit union such as facilities, human resources and health and safety.
As Deputy CEO, you will have overall responsibility for all aspects of the credit union while the CEO is on leave, and be a key player in strategy development, and product and services development for the future.
Along with the CEO, you will foster positive relationships with the Board and Committees, and foster alignment between the Board and the management team on the strategic plans, operational delivery, and regulatory requirements.
The Credit Union
The credit union is of one of the largest community-based credit unions in Co. Monaghan, with assets of c.€125 million and 18 employees.
Reporting to the CEO.
The ideal person will have an established and proven track-record of success preferably within the financial services, banking, fintech, or credit union sectors. They will have had a journey to senior management and a breadth and diversity of experience to be able to lead as COO/Deputy CEO of the credit union.
The ideal person will have experience in some of the following areas in the financial services sector:-
- senior level management
- operations e.g. branch management, contact centre management, digital services management, back office management
- IT management/IT vendor or service provider management
- digital transformation
- risk and compliance
- reporting to the Central Bank of Ireland
- financial services business model development / products and services development / strategy development
- project management
- change management
- corporate services such as facilities management, human resources and health and safety.
The person will have:
- the commercial, operational and senior level management ability to lead at this level in a mid-sized credit union
- strong leadership skills
- the ability to build successful relationships with the management team and CEO, the volunteer Board and Committees, with staff, and with internal and external stakeholders
- be comfortable in leading people and leading change
- the ambition, drive, and energy to take the credit union forward in their areas of responsibility
- the desire to operate at a high standard in everything they do
Familiarity with a not-for-profit organisation and volunteer Boards is desirable. A strong member service ethos is essential.
This position offers the candidate the opportunity for leadership growth and influence across a diverse range of operational areas in a successful mid-sized credit union.
Salary & Benefits
The Credit union will offer generous pay and benefits including salary, pension, and other benefits commensurate with the role and benchmarked with the market. Salary is negotiable, DOE and in line with the size of the credit union.
Contract & Hours
This is a full-time, permanent contract.
Flexibility in working hours will be essential, as the COO/Deputy CEO is required to attend out of normal working hours Board and sub-committee meetings and represent the Credit union at appropriate events.
The role is based in Co. Monaghan.
Hybrid/Working from Home
Due to the nature of the role, the requirement is to work on-site. Only occasional WFH will be facilitated.
To make a confidential enquiry about this opportunity, please call Helena Broderick of CollierBroderick, the credit unions HR Recruitment Partners, on 01 8666426 or 087 9074843.
All enquiries should be directed to Helena Broderick of CollierBroderick, the credit unions’ recruitment partners.
Apply here, https://collierbroderick.hirehive.com/job/116877/chief-operations-officer , and Helena from CollierBroderick will be in touch with you shortly.
The closing date for applications is close of business on Sunday 9th April 2023.