CANA Credit Union Ltd
85/93 Lower Mount St, Dublin 2
Finance Officer Vacancy
Job Title: Finance Officer
Reporting to: The CEO
CANA Credit Union is an industrial Credit Union based in Dublin City providing financial services to staff of the Revenue Commissioners and their families. CANA has approx. 10,000 members and total assets of circa €76m. We are seeking to recruit a Finance Officer who will report to the CEO and will be responsible for the delivery of timely and accurate financial management reporting.
This is a full-time permanent position but work share/part time may be available for a suitable candidate.
Key Responsibilities: -
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Complete reconciliation of all bank accounts and monthly reconciliation of investments
- Prepare budgets and monitor and report on performance against budget
- Ensure that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained
- Prepare the quarterly Prudential Returns and other returns required by the Central Bank
- Complete Revenue returns and any other reports or returns as required
- Complete other reports required by the CEO and board of directors such as liquidity reports, investment reports etc
- Prepare for audits by the External Auditors, Internal Auditors and the Central Bank and assist in implementing their recommendations post audit.
- Assist the CEO with the evaluation, planning and implementation of strategic and important projects.
- Assist in the preparation and revision of policy documents.
- Document CANA processes and procedures and prepare training material as required
- Complete any other admin duties as required.
Person Requirements – Experience, Education, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Qualified/Part qualified ACA /ACCA or relevant experience in a similar position.
- Financial management skills.
- A knowledge and understanding of the Credit Union sector is preferable but not essential.
- Strong Inter-personal, communication and IT skills.
- Skills in accurate reporting, clear and concise writing skills, and an ability to perform well independently or as part of a team
CANA Credit Union is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Click below to access the credit union recruitment privacy notice:
Canvassing will disqualify.
CANA Credit Union is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Please forward cover letter and CV in confidence preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to arrive on or before 17th April 2020