Synergy Credit Union
Synergy Credit Union based in the heart of Fermoy, Co. Cork with branches in Watergrasshill and Cork city has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Officer.
The Finance Officer will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will be primarily responsible for the preparation and delivery of monthly management accounts, the ideal candidate will support the delivery of timely and accurate financial management information as well as the completion of finance related tasks for Synergy Credit Union.
The Finance Officer will support the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in the development and execution of the credit union’s finance strategy. In addition, the Finance Officer will implement effective processes and controls to accurately process, measure and report financial performance along with assisting in the preparation and research on reports for the CFO.
This role is a full time role and will include some Saturday work.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for approval by the CFO
- Management of committee budgets
- Manage the daily finance functions of Synergy Credit Union.
- Responsible for the oversight of all the key finance areas such as:- accounts, internal controls, banking, investments, cash management, payments, etc.
- Compile weekly reports to the CFO on any financial matters, and especially any matters of concern.
- Review and recommend efficiencies in the control functions in the finance areas.
- Assist in making the necessary Online Reporting to Central Bank/Revenue including but not limited to the quarterly Prudential Return, the Annual Report and other reports as required.
- Support the external auditors, and the Internal Audit Function in the carrying out of their duties.
- Ensure sufficient controls are in place to protect the finance function.
- Prepare and manage the finance department’s policies and procedures to the required level.
- Review & Reconcile Synergy Credit Union’s bank accounts, including the resolution of any queries generated internally or externally.
- Post manual journals to the general ledger
- Payroll processing
- Assess and process payments of expense items as authorised.
- Completion of internal control checks for finance and other areas
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and the role may develop and change to meet the overall objectives of the Credit Union.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Be a qualified/part qualified accountant or be actively working towards same.
- Can competently manage the accounting tasks of this role with accuracy and personal accountability.
- Excellent attention to detail, with strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Willingness to learn new processes, workflows and systems
- Good knowledge of accounting and book-keeping
- Alignment to the ethos of the Credit Union
Applications including CV by email only addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for receipt of applications is 5.30pm Friday 22nd September 2023
Synergy Credit Union is an Equal Opportunities Employer