Head of CU Member Experience & Brand - Irish League of Credit Unions
Reporting to the CEO and a member of the ILCU Leadership Team, the Head of Credit Union Member Experience & Brand is responsible for developing and managing the ILCU and Credit Union brands and associated marketing strategies to increase awareness and understanding of the ethos, voice and offering of Credit Unions, among target audiences in ROI and NI. The role holder is responsible for ILCU and CU brand identity and evolution and driving national marketing initiatives and activity across all channels to enhance customer relations and brand loyalty for credit unions and the sector.
Working closely with the Head of Advocacy & Regulatory Affairs, the role holder will lead on PR/media relations, maintaining strong relationships with media contacts to enhance the profile and presence of the ILCU and credit union movement in the public domain.
- Lead the development and delivery of an effective communications strategy for ILCU and its members focusing on enhancing profile and awareness of the sector, aligned to ILCU strategic objectives and advocacy goals
- Working closely with CEO and Leadership Team colleagues, lead on media communications, developing and maintaining strong working relationships with media contacts which can be leveraged to support ILCU and credit union objectives
- Manage national PR/media efforts, acting as main point of contact for external media on ILCU and Credit Union activities and managing PR partners and campaigns
- Support the CEO and Head of Advocacy & Regulatory Affairs with all correspondence and engagements with external and internal stakeholders
- Ensure the ILCU and Credit Union brand is communicated effectively, consistently, and appropriately publicly and specifically in relation to different stages of the customer journey and customers’ needs
- Lead on the vision and strategy for CU Member Experience, utilising our service and community ethos as key selling points for credit unions
- Contribute to shaping CU Member touchpoints through relevant market and customer analysis and feedback – direct, phone, digital and on-site experiences to deliver effective and positive customer experiences
- Deliver marketing strategies and campaigns to increase awareness, understanding and consideration of our vision, mission, and strategic objectives
- Develop, manage, implement and overall responsibility for the National Marketing and Advertising campaigns and events including full design of campaigns, integrated with digital and direct comms tactics
- Ensure all marketing communications are informed by and strengthen the ILCU and Credit Union’s overall brand positioning and reflect values that correspond to the target audience and existing member needs
- Working with the Marketing Services Officers, lead on data analysis and insights using best-in-practice tools, to understand activities undertaken by competitors with a focus on recruitment, events, communication, and overall customer touch points
- Manage design, production, and delivery standards for ILCU internal and external publications across print and digital channels, supporting colleagues to deliver high quality content, written and visual materials
- Lead design and delivery of professional events and functions for ILCU activities, supported by Events resources and external partners and expertise as required
- Lead the development and maintenance of website content and digital marketing and social media channels
- Lead the development and delivery of ILCU’s digital engagement strategy to build awareness of the ILCU and the CU movement, increase our influence and support audience acquisition
- Set clear, ambitious, and achievable targets for CU member satisfaction and advertising activities and events including monitoring, evaluating, and analysing feedback to adapt plans
- Provide guidance and support to ILCU colleagues on communication plans and messages to credit unions ensuring consistent content and active engagement with various target audiences
- Management of the budget for the Member Experience & Brand function and activities, ensuring effective use of resources and appropriate allocation in line with overall Marketing priorities
- Keep abreast of new marketing techniques to ensure activities respond to target audience needs
- Educate and inform ILCU management and Board, and CU CEOs/Chairs on marketing research and data to inform and input to key discussions and decision-making
- Ensure all ILCU and CU colleagues have a clear understanding of the drivers and motivations of their target markets through provision of quality customer analysis and feedback
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the CU Member Experience & Brand team, in addition to collaborating and influencing across wider company functions
- Champion a customer-focused approach and attitude across internal and external team interactions and relationships, and through the design and implementation of working procedures and processes including timely performance evaluation and feedback
- Any other duties which may be reasonably required from time to time, and which are commensurate with this senior role.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as reasonably required.
- Degree or professional qualification in marketing, journalism, communications, brand or relevant discipline
- Up to 10 years’ experience working in PR, marketing, brand or communications, ideally in a customer-centric, social/NFP environment, and 3 to 5 years at in senior management roles
- Demonstrable experience working in PR/Media, with ability to deliver successful national campaigns as well as effective crisis management communications
- Knowledge of customer experience management approaches and methodologies used in marketing to enhance customer loyalty and satisfaction
- Evidence of strong planning, project management and organisational skills, required to manage an extensive portfolio of events, communication campaigns and customer-centric activities
- Ability to gather PR, customer and marketing intelligence and use insights gained to form strategic and operational work plans and approaches to achieve objectives
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), influencing and negotiation skills, required to cooperate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Relevant marketing experience and successful communication campaigns, supported by data-analysis and market insight, required to deliver successful customer communication campaigns
- Experience in brand dissemination, engagement campaign development and marketing techniques and data analysis
- Proven ability to build effective and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and experience of managing complex stakeholder relationships and groups
- Skilled at presenting and influencing others, you will be an excellent communicator who is able to build relationships quickly Budget and resource management skills with a focus on value for money/return on investment
- Experience in people management, leading and directing multiple team members in a busy environment
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) with personal impact and ability to equip colleagues, stakeholders and externals to uphold and share the CU message
- Ability to develop accessible strategies and plans that deliver effective short- and long-term outcomes, clearly linked to strategic objectives Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Adaptable and highly organised, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Foster strong teamwork ethic as part of a small, hard-working Leadership Team and be prepared to actively support colleagues and projects across the organisation
- Strong open management style that engages and empowers employees to perform and develop in a professional environment, fostering a collaborative team culture and approach.
Interested candidates should apply by forwarding a CV and Cover letter (referencing the role you are applying for) outlining their suitability for this post to email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, September 30th, 2022. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
The Irish League of Credit Unions is an equal opportunities employer.