People First Credit Union Ltd
is now inviting applications for the following position
Head of Lending (Ref HOL 2019)
Principal responsibilities of the Role:
People First Credit Union (PFCU) is a progressive financial services provider, with over 39,000 members. We have multiple branches in Portlaoise, Abbeyleix, Stradbally and Athy. We boast total assets of €140 million. PFCU is firmly rooted within the community and our core value is to serve our members and the community, whilst striving to maintain the highest professional standards. A unique opportunity has arisen within PFCU to provide direction and support towards the achievement of this vision.
The Head of Lending is a new role and will be responsible for the progressive implementation of the PFCU Credit Policy and Procedures to maximise responsible lending. The successful applicant will support the CEO in the development and implementation of a growth strategy and the delivery of income targets, in line with the strategic plan, monitoring KPI’s and ensuring alignment to the strategic and operational business goals. The Head of Lending will be responsible for the management and efficient operation of the lending function across the branches of PFCU (as well as online and phone applications) ensuring all compliance requirements under legislation and Central Bank guidelines are met.
• Manage the lending function ensuring the balance of both quality and quantity of loans through effective assessment of applications and documentation and a ‘best in class’ underwriting process.
• Ensure policies & procedures are of the highest standard & user friendly for all loan types & scenarios
• Responsible for all lending & underwriting training needs across the operation
• In conjunction with the Compliance Officer, ensure compliance & regulatory requirements are fully met
• Contribute to the design and development of new and innovative lending products & services in line with the strategic plan & across varied lending categories be it, personal, SME or agricultural lending
• Support the Business Development & Marketing Officer to create an effective marketing & sales plan that aligns products (loans, insurances etc.) with demographics & needs within the common bond
• Liaise with key stakeholders around the business to ensure the successful implementation of targets, goals and objectives from the strategic plan
• Contribute in analysing the performance of all products to ensure they are meeting their targeted revenue & margin goals & adjust or terminate underperforming products in a timely manner
• Provide analytical support & aid decision-making, conducting ad hoc analysis of business challenges, opportunities & implications of changes
• Develop a lending information system that extracts loan book information & trends & concisely communicate this information to management/committees/board to better inform their strategic insights & decision making
• Develop & implement process efficiencies and evaluate all credit processes and systems
The successful candidate should have the following:
• Min. 6+ years’ in a broad range of lending areas in a results-driven lending development role within financial services
• Strong credit analysis and underwriting experience
• As a minimum QFA or equivalent qualification (or APA Loans designation). A business qualification is desirable
• Ability to assess, critically evaluate and interpret complex information and to identify key credit risk drivers
• Excellent people management, communication and presentation skills
• Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to adapt to new situations
• IT skills, with strong database analysis and Microsoft Office capabilities
• A strong knowledge of financial compliance regulations
• An appreciation and an awareness of the credit union ethos is an advantage
Applicants should state clearly the position they are applying for by quoting the reference HOL 2019
Applications including CV by email only addressed to email@example.com
Closing Date for receipt of applications is 26th July 2019
Short listing may apply and assessment will be done on the basis of the information provided in the application.
People First Credit Union Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer