Head of Operations - Irish League of Credit Unions
Reporting to the CEO and a member of the ILCU Leadership Team, the Head of Operations is responsible for the governance, financial management and delivery of all ILCU support functions, from devising and implementing strategic objectives to day-to-day operational execution, processes, and policies. This role has specific responsibility for financial management, reporting and control for the ILCU and its subsidiary companies and related investments.
The Head of Operations is responsible for the ILCU infrastructure and support teams including Finance, IT, Insurance, HR, Facilities, Vendor Management, Governance and Executive support. Working closely with the Head of Professional Advisory Services and his/her team, the Head of Operations is accountable for ensuring the delivery of legal, risk, technology, and other services to meet ILCU management and operational requirements. Management oversight of key specialist service providers – including selection, negotiations, and contract management - is an important aspect of this role.
Working with Leadership Team colleagues, the role holder is responsible for progressing, tracking, and reporting ILCU LT and Board decisions and projects to successful completion, including provision of governance support to the ILCU CEO and Board.
- Work closely with CEO and LT colleagues to develop, plan and implement ILCU strategic and operational plans, providing oversight and tracking of budgeted results and financial objectives of agreed plans
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the Operations team, in addition to collaborating and influencing across other ILCU functions
- Working with the Financial Controller, responsibility for all financial and regulatory reporting for ILCU subsidiary and group as well as delivery of financial shared services to subsidiary and associated companies in accordance with SLA
- Deliver IT Services, projects and propositions to the ILCU and associated companies, managing ICT operations in a manner that ensures service availability, system and data security, and in accordance with best practice in risk and compliance standards
- Support Vendor Manager and Head of Professional Advisory Services in negotiation and management of third-party service provider SLAs and supporting relationships
- Management of the ILCU office facilities and infrastructure/external services required including third-party service providers, negotiations, and service levels
- Identification and implementation of new/upgraded systems, policies, procedures &/or objectives to improve business and operational efficiency across all teams, ensuring delivery of long-term plans and work efficiencies
- Work with the HR Manager to enhance and develop ILCU people policies and practices underpinned by ILCU values and consistent with its purpose and strategic vision
- Work with each Operations team to drive development and oversight of the systems, policies, and procedures necessary to deliver effective services and support to ILCU colleagues
- Oversight and analysis of reporting and performance metrics for Operations services and teams; act as escalation point for issues/problems that may arise
- Management and coordination of ILCU CEO and LT reporting, presentations, and attendance at ILCU Board meetings and ad-hoc support requirements
- Provision of coordination and support for ILCU Board and Committees as required
- Membership and participation in key committees and fora within ILCU, its associated companies, affiliated members and across the credit union sector
- Champion a customer-focused approach and attitude across internal and external team interactions and relationships, including timely performance evaluation and feedback. This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as reasonably required.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as reasonably required.
- Third level degree in business, management, economics or related discipline is desirable
- A relevant Professional Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CFA) is desirable
- Relevant financial services &/or Credit Union governance qualifications are desirable
- At least 10 years’ experience working within a finance function/team environment, with 5 years’ experience in a senior finance management role, with financial services, professional services &/or medium to large NFP organisational experience
- Proven experience of overseeing the daily operation of multiple functions, teams &/or projects, delivering services to internal/external customers and achieving commercial improvements with tangible outcomes e.g. process; systems; costs etc.
- Experienced at leading and delivering financial, management and budgetary management processes, and meeting all regulatory and compliance requirements
- Regular interaction and support to Board(s), providing updates, reporting and other services, with experience ideally within financial, volunteer &/or NFP sector Ability to work on multiple priorities and objectives, deliver to deadline and under pressure, whilst supporting others to deliver Ability to foster collaboration across teams and third parties to deliver quality work outputs that benefits the organisation and our members.
- Proven commercial acumen; have strong analytical and numeracy skills to understand and interrogate complex financial data and make effective commercial decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills; clear communicator (written and verbal) with personal impact and the ability to adapt
- Strong relationship management capability with proven ability to successfully develop and maintain internal and external relationships up to Board level.
- Strong organisation and project management skills to successfully develop, plan and deliver work and projects through cross-functional teams
- Ability to develop accessible strategies and plans that deliver effective short- and long-term outcomes, clearly linked to strategic objectives Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Adaptable and highly organised, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Foster strong teamwork ethic as part of a small, hard-working Leadership Team and be prepared to actively support colleagues and projects across the organisation
- Strong open management style that engages and empowers employees to perform and develop in a professional environment, fostering a collaborative team culture and approach.
Interested candidates should apply by forwarding a CV and Cover letter (referencing the role you are applying for) outlining their suitability for this post to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, September 30th, 2022. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
The Irish League of Credit Unions is an equal opportunities employer.