Head of Professional Advisory Services - Irish League of Credit Unions
Reporting to the CEO and a member of the Leadership Team, the Head of Professional Advisory Services (PAS) leads the provision of the full range of advisory and support services to our affiliated CU members across the island of Ireland. The role holder is responsible for the management, development, and performance of these services to the highest level, aligned to our member Credit Union’s requirements and objectives.
The Head of PAS is responsible for the external ILCU professional services teams including but not limited to Legal, Learning & Development, Compliance & Risk, HR, Technology, and Collaboration. Additionally, the IT Manager will have a dotted reporting line to the Head of PAS. Working closely with the Head of Operations, the Professional Advisory Services team will also provide management and operational support for ILCU management.
The Head of PAS will champion and lead on the development and utilisation of current services including service quality, continuous improvement, and performance, ensuring PAS leads and adds value to our members (customers). The role holder will also lead the new Collaboration Hub which will incubate, develop, and deliver new products and services for the benefit of and driven by member collaboration and input. The Head of PAS will build and develop effective two-way engagement with Credit Union CEOs/members (customers) that will support and enhance the utilisation, performance, and relevance of ILCU services.
- Work closely with CEO to inform and develop strategic and operational plans for Professional Advisory Services to deliver and meet/exceed the objectives and expectations of affiliated Credit Unions
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team to inform and develop plans and opportunities for PAS to meet ILCU’s and affiliated CU’s agreed objectives
- Working with the PAS leads, develop, and communicate a vision, objectives, and structure for PAS which champions customer-centricity, value-add and service standards that meet/exceed customer expectations
- Lead the Professional Advisory Services offering, introducing best in class business intelligence to measure service activity and performance on a real time basis focusing on service quality, continuous improvement, service innovation and member relevance and adapt accordingly
- Implement and monitor the function, including reviews to identify areas for improvement, prioritisation & change in context of wider ILCU strategy
- Foster and maintain strong working relationships and communication frameworks with the affiliated Credit Unions (customers), ensuring a clear understanding of PAS and its value to customers
- Develop robust engagement frameworks with customers to enhance the relationship, connectivity and collaboration between PAS and its customers, focused on customer retention, service development and higher utilisation levels
- Working with Head of Member Experience & Brand, lead and deliver on actions to support member engagement and retention including member surveys, service reviews and member communications
- Establish and oversee the new Collaboration Hub which will be the centralised innovation incubator for development of new services and products for Credit Unions
- Develop and deliver Technology Advisory Services to benefit Credit Unions in conjunction with Head of Operations
- Working with the Collaboration Manager, foster member engagement and collaboration through the structures, processes and planning methodologies established and operated
- Support the CEO and work with the PAS team to identify and act on strategic and critical issues, and lead on the necessary operational & monitoring actions
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the Professional Advisory team, in addition to collaborating and influencing across other ILCU functions
- Work with each PAS manager and team to drive ongoing development and oversight of the systems, policies, and procedures necessary to deliver effective services and support to external customers and internal teams and colleagues
- Leadership and participation in ad-hoc &/or cross-functional projects or work as directed by CEO
- Engage with the Board as required, providing reporting, advice, and relevant updates to support Board and Board Committees discussions and decisioning
- Champion a customer-focused approach and attitude across internal and external team interactions and relationships, and through the design and implementation of working procedures and processes including timely performance evaluation and feedback
- Any other duties which may be reasonably required from time to time, and which are commensurate with this senior role.
- Third level degree in business, management, economics, or related discipline
- Up to 10 years’ experience working in roles with customer service focus, delivering business/support services to external or internal customers, within financial services (preferably credit unions) professional services &/or medium to large NFP organisational experience, with at least 3 to 5 years at senior management level
- Experience managing service performance, changing services offerings, updating/developing systems, and processes etc to enhance customer outcomes
- Proven experience of overseeing the daily operation of multiple functions, teams &/or projects, delivering services to external/internal customers and achieving service improvements with tangible outcomes e.g., scope; process; systems; costs etc.
- Experience building effective working relationships with customers, colleagues, service providers etc, with strong communication and engagement frameworks to support outcomes
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and objectives, deliver to deadline and under pressure, whilst supporting others to deliver Project management and delivery of complex projectsto deadlines
- Experience in people management, leading and directly multiple team members in busy environment Ability to foster collaboration across teams and third parties to deliver quality work outputs that benefits the organisation and our members.
- Proven management acumen: ability to understand and assimilate range of information and make effective management and operational decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills; clear communicator (written and verbal) with personal impact and the ability to adapt Strong relationship management capability with proven ability to successfully develop and maintain internal and external relationships Strong organisation and project management skills to successfully develop, plan and deliver work and projects through cross-functional teams
- Ability to develop accessible strategies and plans that deliver effective short- and long-term outcomes, clearly linked to strategic objectives
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills Adaptable and highly organised, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Foster strong teamwork ethic as part of a small, hard-working Leadership Team and be prepared to actively support colleagues and projects across the organisation
- Strong open management style that engages and empowers employees to perform and develop in a professional environment, fostering a collaborative team culture and approach.
Interested candidates should apply by forwarding a CV and Cover letter (referencing the role you are applying for) outlining their suitability for this post to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, September 30th, 2022. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
The Irish League of Credit Unions is an equal opportunities employer.