Industrial Credit Union in Dublin South/West
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established team in a strongly performing industrial credit union in the Dublin South/West area (the Teacher’s Union of Ireland Credit Union).
The credit union is moving into a new phase of growth and organisation development and is recruiting for a number of positions including this role.
The opportunity arises as the credit union increases the number of staff in the lending team arising from continued loan growth.
The Loans Officer role provides an exceptional opportunity for a member services or loan officer to join an ambitious credit union and to be a part of a dynamic lending team working hard to service members by phone and online and to deliver on loan growth targets.
As Loans Officer, reporting to the Operations Manager, you will handle incoming enquiries and proactively respond to opportunities, gather the necessary documentation and make an initial assessment of loan applications across all products. You will grant loans within your own authorisation limit, which will be increased with experience. You will handle loan and insurance administration, and perform a range of supporting functions.
- Provide information services to members by phone, email and online; respond to all incoming enquiries and proactively support members in all areas at all times providing excellent member service by phone and online
- Gather loan documentation, review, assess and underwrite loan applications at all times providing excellent member service, quick turnaround and quality assessment of loan applications
- Grant loans to members in accordance with the credit union’s credit policy, operating strictly within the specified limits of responsibility and authority and practising responsible and prudent lending in accordance with the credit union’s ethos
- Look after all aspects of loan administration, including the perfection of data security; ensure safekeeping of credit agreements and other supporting documentation; implement the credit union’s practices regarding filing, scanning and destruction of documents
- Handle LP&LS, DBI, nominations administration and related functions as required
- Provide cover for other key areas within the context of a small team of 10 staff and a collaborative effort to ensure key person cover is in place for all functions
- Contribute to the development and improvement of services for members and to the development of the team by providing suggestions, ideas and opinions to the Operations Manager in a timely manner
- Participate in the performance management process which support a culture of high-performance, collaborative team work and support for individual career development and work/life balance, with excellent member service at the core
Main Performance Measures:
- Excellent feedback about quality of service from members and team
- Accuracy of work, attention to detail, getting things right
- Turnaround time
- Achievement of team and individual targets such as loan growth and membership growth targets, etc.
- Quality of loan assessment
- Smoothness of workflow
- Consistency of implementation of credit union policies and procedures
- Quality of reports, advice and support provided to the team and Operations Manager
- Contribution to the development and improvement of service delivery for members
- Contribution to team performance through co-operation with colleagues at all levels
Person Requirements – Experience, Education, Skills and Abilities Required
- Experience in member services in a credit union is preferable
- Excellent oral communicator, a pleasant manner and empathy when dealing with members on the phone and online, and with a clear ability to develop and maintain good rapport, friendly and professional relationships with members,
- Experience in personal lending in a credit union, bank or other credit provider
- APA Loans qualification and willingness to achieve the QFA
- Highly organised be able to gather documentation in an efficient manner, provide a quick turnaround, and maintain records and files in a highly compliant and structured manner
- Attention to detail, accuracy in work, getting things right, while also providing quick turnaround and working at a good pace in a fast-moving environment
- Good computer literacy – Outlook, Excel, Word
- Preferably knowledgeable on the Progress credit union system
We are looking for an individual with the above traits who is motivated to become a high quality Loans Officer and provide excellent service to members and be a key member of a high-performing loans and members services team.
The ideal person must be able to demonstrate a track record of self-development, learning and education, and want to develop their career and their professional financial qualifications to QFA level and beyond.
This role is full-time and permanent.
Salary & Benefits
The credit union will offer salary and benefits commensurate with the role. Salary scales with annual increments apply. A pension and other benefits are provided.
The role is Mon-Fri, 9.00am-5.30pm, although to assist with commuting, start and finish times may vary by agreement and on rotation with the team.
Location / Travel
The role is based in Dublin South/West.
Your Next Step
If you are ready to take a further step in your career, apply now by sending your CV to email@example.com. You can contact Helena at 01-8666426 for a confidential call or with any queries.
The closing date for applications is Friday 18/10/2019.
Interviews will take place in October with a view to the role commencing as soon as possible.