Marketing Manager (Credit Union)
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Marketing Manager to lead the marketing function in a progressive, modern financial services provider with over 16,500 members and total assets of €85 million.
The credit union is implementing an ambitious strategic plan and wishes to appoint a full-time Marketing Manager to assist the senior management team in achieving the objectives of this plan.
The role provides an excellent opportunity for career growth, leading a marketing function, and being part of the management team in a growing financial services business in North Kerry.
Main Purpose of the Role
The primary purpose of the role is:
- The development and implementation of a marketing and business development strategy in line with the credit union’s strategic plan to achieve loan book growth and to increase the credit union’s membership base
- Supporting, developing and embedding the marketing and business development culture throughout the organisation
Reporting to the CEO, the Marketing Manager will support the CEO and Assistant Manager in executing the strategic plan of the credit union from a marketing perspective and will be an integral part of the senior management team.
The Marketing Manager will:
- Design and implement the marketing and business development strategy in line with the Strategic Plan
- Conduct market research, data and member analysis and competitor monitoring, and a review of the Common Bond area, to identify potential member service and lending opportunities, and drive the marketing agenda to maximise the business potential of the credit union’s 16,500 members and its Common Bond area
- Plan, execute and deliver creative marketing campaigns and initiatives to increase membership and member usage of the credit unions services and achieve loan book growth
- Implement and monitor effectiveness of marketing initiatives, including advertising, direct marketing, online and social media marketing, point of sale promotional material, event marketing, newsletters, new member information packs, new member strategies, etc. to achieve the marketing plan objectives within the agreed budget
- Maintain the credit unions website
- Provide feedback, reporting and market insights to the senior management team
- Develop and promote a business development culture throughout the organisation by supporting and training front line employees in the promotion of products and services
- Implement effective lead generation campaigns and ensure that follow-up is achieved through the appropriate personnel
Future Products and Services
- Assist, from a marketing perspective, in the identification of opportunities for new products and services to enhance the credit union’s offering
- Ensure that the credit union is in compliance with all statutory and other appropriate regulatory requirements in all its marketing and business development activities
- Assist the management team in updating and monitoring/tracking performance of the credit union’s strategic plan and in the production of quarterly updates for the board of directors from a marketing and business development perspective
Person Requirements – Experience, Education, Skills, and Abilities Required
- A third level degree in marketing or equivalent
- Excellent marketing experience, 3+ years at a senior level
- Proven experience of digital marketing
- Proven experience in designing and driving effective marketing campaigns to generate leads and more business
- A self-starter, goal-orientated, driven person with strong marketing experience that can lead the marketing function and deliver results
- Outstanding attention to detail to ensure that the credit union meets its compliance responsibilities as a regulated entity
- Excellent writing, organisational and communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
- QFA qualification
- Marketing experience in a financial services environment
- Working knowledge of compliance and meeting regulatory requirements in the financial services sector from a marketing and business development perspective
This position offers an opportunity to work in a successful and ambitious credit union which is looking for an excellent marketing leader to join its senior management team. The role enjoys significant autonomy and an opportunity to take ownership and deliver success in marketing and business development.
This is a full-time permanent role.
The role is 36.5 hours per week as follows Monday 9:00 to 1:00pm, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 9:00am to 5.30pm and Friday 9:00am to 7:00pm with an occasional evening or weekend marketing event.
The role is based in the credit union’s main office in Kerry.
Salary & Benefits
The credit union will offer a competitive pay and benefits package including salary, pension and other benefits commensurate with the role.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience.
Annual leave of 22 days per annum will apply.
To make a confidential enquiry or to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please call Sarah Louise O’Byrne at CollierBroderick, the credit unions HR Partners, on 01 8666426 or email email@example.com.
Your Next Step
If you are ready to take a further step in your career, apply now.
The closing date for applications is Saturday 20/4/2019.
The credit union is keen to meet candidates for interview with a view to the role commencing as soon as possible.