Tipperary Credit Union
Member Service Officer - Plassey Branch
The Plassey Branch of Tipperary Credit Union is currently recruiting for the role of Member Service Officer. This is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role as a key member of our team. We have a full-time permanent position available. Previous experience within a financial regulated, customer facing environment, with QFA / CUA qualifications or equivalent is desirable but not essential. This role is based in our Plassey Branch, Castletroy, Limerick and may involve some limited travel between our other four branches.
The Member Service Officer position will deliver a best-in-class standard of member service in a frontline and back-office environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for processing day to day financial transactions for our members, including loans and insurance, dealing with queries, and offering information and support as required. The key purpose of the role is to support members, by providing a superior level of assistance and service in a timely and efficient manner, to existing and potential new members. This role will be responsible for promoting services and products that benefit members.
Skills and competency requirements:
- Be member focused with a proven track record delivering exemplary member service, maintain accurate, concise records in line with relevant data policies/procedures aligned to regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Ideally three years’ experience within a financial regulated, customer facing environment, QFA / CUA qualifications or equivalent desirable but not essential.
- Excellent verbal, numerical and written skills, ability to update member data in line with Anti Money Laundering Legislation.
- Communicate effectively and sensitively when responding to members face to face, on the phone and through email.
- Detail oriented and well organized, able to work on own initiative.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook applications, along with good keyboard skills.
- A problem solver, with the ability to handle escalations effectively.
- Flexible and adaptable to learn and work on different tasks, in different situations.
- Approachable and friendly, with good teamwork and collaboration.
- Promote a culture that reflects the Credit Union’s values and encourages good performance and excellent member services.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should forward an up-to-date CV and cover letter to email@example.com on or before close of business on Tuesday, 28th March 2023. A panel may be formed from this application process from which any future vacancies may be filled.
“Tipperary Credit Union Limited is proud to support an inclusive and diverse workforce”.
Tipperary Credit Union Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.