Castlecomer Credit Union
86 Kilkenny St, Castlecomer, Co. Kilkenny
Castlecomer Credit Union is a community-based credit union seeking to recruit a Member Services Officer. The Member Services Officer (MSO) provides services to members by telephone, in-person at the counter, by email, online and virtually
Position Title: Member Service Officer
Reporting to: Office Supervisor & CEO
The Member Services Officer will be accountable to the Office Supervisor & CEO of the credit union for carrying out a range of administrative and operational activities that contribute to the effective running of the credit union and providing quality services to the members.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Working as part of a team to ensure that members’ requests and queries are handled consistently, effectively and in line with Credit Union policy.
- Provision of high level of level of member service at the counter, on the phone or responding to member e mails.
- Ensure members receive friendly, accurate, and timely assistance, to promote our products and services to all members, and to provide exceptional member service.
- Assist members with all aspects of credit union business including membership applications, account transactions, loan applications, nominations and insurance claims.
- File membership application forms, loan application forms etc.
- Open accounts for new members.
- Administration & General Office work including filing etc.
- Issue documentation and items of general information to members and non-members as directed.
- Filing of credit agreements, withdrawal forms and other office documents.
- Preparation of reports as required.
- Direct members to other credit union personnel as required.
- Take part in specific initiatives to increase membership and promote service uptake and assist in implementing aspects of the marketing plan.
- Data protection – ensuring compliance with data protection legislation, regulations and credit union policies.
- AML duties – ensuring compliance with AML legislation, regulations and credit union policies.
- Process incoming electronic payments - standing orders etc.
- Deal with members concerning lodgements and withdrawals.
- Balance and Lodge receipts, process small loans within agreed limits set by the management and board.
- Cash balancing and porting and completing all end of day procedures.
- Process Budget Current account transactions.
- Process loan applications and/or refers to lending staff where appropriate.
- Disbursement of loans within credit union policy.
- Must have QFA Qualification.
- Must be very familiar with social-media and its operation in the business Community.
- Must have some Banking or Credit Union Experience.
- Experience in providing frontline services to customers.
- Experience in handling cash.
- Knowledge of banking or credit union IT systems.
- Good IT skills including word, excel and email.
- Excellent customer service skills and keen interest in serving customers.
- Proficiency in English.
- Excellent organisational, administrative and communication skills.
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications & relevant experience
- The position involves working a 37.5-hour week over five days from Tuesday to Saturday
- Our Privacy Notice is available in the download section of our website
- Short listing may apply, and assessment will be completed based on the information provided in the application.
- Castlecomer Credit Union is an Equal Opportunities Employer
- Castlecomer Union is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland
- The closing date for applications is close of business 10/12/2022
- Canvassing will disqualify
Please forward your application by email to include curriculum vitae and a cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the job specification to email: email@example.com