St Canice's Kilkenny Credit Union Ltd
is now inviting applications for the following position
Job Title: Mortgage Officer
Reporting to: Lending Team Lead
Grade: Senior Officer
St. Canice’s Kilkenny Credit Union Ltd, a large community credit union with assets in excess of €450 million, wishes to appoint a Mortgage Officer. St. Canice’s Kilkenny Credit Union Ltd is delighted to offer this new and exciting role to an ambitious, driven team player, who will help drive the future mortgage success for the Credit Union. If you are seeking your next challenge as a mortgage officer this is the role for you.
The Mortgage Officer will work closely with our members, helping them get mortgage ready and working closely with them through the process. They should have a good understanding of the mortgage market and experience in mortgage lending. The successful candidate will also have some involvement in non mortgage lending and SME lending.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Successful candidate will report directly to the Lending Team Leader
- The overall role and responsibility of the Mortgage Officer will be to deal with all aspects of managing new mortgage applications from approval in principle stage to cheque issue.
- The successful candidate will have responsibility for delivering an efficient, accurate and professional service.
- Proactive mortgage pipeline management from leads, Approval in Principle to Cheque Issue
- Verification of all mortgage documents to ensure cheque issue process is completed efficiently and on time.
- In conjunction with the Head of Lending and Lending Team Lead develop a Mortgage Action Plan to drive the future success of Mortgages within the Credit Union.
- Develop local market awareness and drive leads accordingly in conjunction with the Marketing and Business Development Team.
- Establish relationships with key local influencers – auctioneers, developers, solicitors
- Understand and deliver on compliance requirements in all situations and ensure procedures and compliance necessities including AML are adhered to.
- This role will require the ability to travel within the Credit Union common bond area and a degree of flexibility.
The successful individual will have the following:
APA qualification in loans and working towards QFA qualification.
3 years’ experience within a similar environment
Full understanding of the Mortgage process, together with the associated insurances
Committed to further continuous development
Experience of working within a team
Excellent communication skills
Strong Member focus to maintain the high standard of member service associated with the Credit Union.
Excellent IT skills and attention to detail .
Must have a very flexible approach to work and be confident working in a fast moving, exciting environment
Be able to work on your initiative
Applications including CV by email only addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for receipt of applications is 5.30pm 24th September 2021
Short listing may apply and assessment will be done on the basis of the information provided in the application.
St Canice’s Credit Union Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer