Palmerstown Credit Union
Palmerstown Credit Union (PCU) is a member-owned, financial services provider. Located in Palmerstown, Dublin 20, PCU has over 9,000 members, assets of over €55 million and employs 16 people. As a community-oriented financial services provider, PCU has an ambitious strategy targeting further growth in membership and the expansion of services and products available to its members, including online offerings.
We are currently recruiting for a highly driven and ambitious Operations Manager. This is a full-time permanent position.
Reporting to the CEO, the Operations Manager will provide leadership and direction for the Operations team and will be responsible for executing the strategic operational plan of the credit union.
Responsibilities will include:
- Directing the operations and day-to-day administration of the Credit Union.
- Driving efficiencies to improve member experience.
- Expand the range of products and services available to members and oversee their introduction and implementation
- To support lending team and approve loans as required and in line with the Credit Unions lending policy
- Oversee training, ensuring that staff are continuously developed to provide the highest levels of service to members.
- Evaluate staff performance on a regular basis, responsible for implementing the performance management system and reviewing key performance indicators / metrics.
- Promote and develop a culture that reflects the Credit Union’s values and encourages good performance and excellent member services.
- Ensure all members are fully aware of available services in branch and online
- Ensure the targets and objectives agreed with the CEO and the Board of Directors are met.
- Oversee good office and administration practices, including processes for internal and external communications.
- Ensure full regulatory compliance and mitigation of operational risk.
- Work co-operatively and foster good relationships with the CEO, Management Team and other stakeholders.
- Manage relationships with IT support providers and implement the IT strategy of the credit union in line with CBI expectations
- Manage relationships with third party service providers including internal and external auditors
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategic and operating plans.
- Represent the Credit Union, as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of five years’ relevant management experience within the financial services industry, including lending experience.
- A third level business degree/ QFA or equivalent professional qualification
- Substantial people management and performance appraisal experience.
- A detailed knowledge and understanding of the regulatory environment governing Irish Credit Unions.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Good analytical skills and a high level of ICT proficiency, particularly in MS Office.
- A track record of achievement in a similar role.
- The ability to work on their own initiative and lead others to achieve agreed objectives.
Applications including CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for applications is the 13th of December 2023
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Palmerstown Credit Union Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Shortlisting may apply, and an assessment will be completed on the basis of the information provided in the application.
A copy of the recruitment privacy notice is available upon request
Palmerstown Credit Union Ltd is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.