Teachers' Union of Ireland
TUI Credit Union
Operations Manager - Credit Union
This is an excellent opportunity for an Operations Manager or Lending Manager with strong financial services experience to join an established team in a strongly performing credit union in Dublin.
The role primarily involves managing the operations and lending functions to deliver services to the credit unions’ nationwide members, and the overall development of the operations and lending function in support of the strategic plan of the credit union.
The Operations Manager will manage the delivery and development of phone and online lending services and payments processing operations.
The delivery of excellent member service and the ongoing improvement in efficiencies, productivity, process optimisation and a high-performing team in lending and operations is key.
The Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of the member’s loan experience, for delivering underwriting excellence across the team and compliance with the credit union’s credit policies and procedures. Policy development, compliance and risk management are also key to success in this role.
The role also involves member on-boarding, AML, data security and business development.
This position reports to the CEO.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Payment Processing Operations
- Oversee and lead the Lending function and team
- Assess and approve loans in accordance with the regulations and Credit Policy
- Work with the Credit Committee and Board to develop a strategically effective credit policy
- Ensure the appropriate credit policies, systems, procedures and practices are operating efficiently and effectively
- Ensure compliance of the overall lending function within the parameters of the Credit Policy, risk appetite and regulations
- Review the loan portfolio regularly to identify emerging risks, trends or opportunities for growth
- Perform reviews of the lending decisions to inform amendments to the Credit Policy and to support team development, training and performance management
- Develop a deep understanding of members and their behaviours, to support the marketing officer; engage with and provide feedback to marketing on the member trends and characteristics to support an effecting marketing approach
- Engage with marketing to develop and implement marketing, promotional and sales campaigns to drive lending growth and to achieve the lending growth targets
- Develop new lending products, prepare analysis and business cases for approval
- Oversee and lead the Membership function and team including membership on-boarding and AML
- Utilise all opportunities to promote the credit union externally
- Act as Data Security Officer to ensure compliance with GDPR
- Ensure IT security systems and processes are in place working with the IT Service Provider and IT Consultants
- Leadership and management of Loans Officers, Membership Officer and Payments Processing Officer and the performance management and development of the individuals and team in line with agreed KPI’s and operational metrics
- Developing the skills and qualifications of all team members
- Optimise processes, efficiencies, and use of resources
- Improve products and services for members
- Improve the member experience
Reporting & Budgets
- Provide timely and quality management reporting for the CEO and Board in line with KPIs and reporting requirements
- Provide analytical support and aid decision-making, conducting ad hoc analysis of business challenges, opportunities and implications of changes
- Manage budgets
Senior Management Team
- Work effectively and collaboratively with the CEO and the senior management team to develop and enhance the credit union, its organisation capabilities and its reputation with all stakeholders
- Responsibility for embedding compliance with regular first line compliance testing and training being undertaken
Skills & Abilities Required:
The successful candidate should have the following:
- A third level business degree or equivalent
- A relevant qualification in financial services e.g. QFA, credit union operations, lending, SME lending, mortgages, etc.
- Central Bank minimum competency requirements (MCR)
- A qualification in business or management is preferable
- A minimum of 10+ years’ experience in financial services
- A minimum of 5+ years’ operational management or lending management experience within financial services
- Strong underwriting experience and skills
- Strong understanding of operations in a retail and back-office financial services business
- Strong experience in people management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Appropriate attention to detail, to ensure that the Credit Union meets its responsibilities as a regulated entity
- Ability to contribute effectively as a member of the senior management team
Other skills and abilities which are required include:
- The ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maturity and gravitas to influence and lead.
- Strong business and commercial acumen and understanding of the evolving credit union business model.
- Organised, focused and driven individual.
- Highly computer literate with the ability to query, analyse, interpret and report on efficiencies, effectiveness and trends.
- The ability to articulate and communicate a vision for operations and lending
- The ability to take ownership of and drive operational and business initiatives.
This is a permanent full-time position.
Salary & Benefits
The credit union will offer salary and benefits commensurate with the role. A pension and other benefits are provided.
The role is 37.5 hours per week, 5 days, Mon-Fri.
The role is based in the Credit Union’s office in Dublin.
Your Next Step
If you are ready to take a further step in your career, apply now by sending your CV to our HR Partners, CollierBroderick, by email to Helena Broderick, email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 12/8/2020.
Interviews will take place shortly with a view to the role commencing as soon as possible.