Projects Officer – Business Development
Industrial Credit Union in Dublin South/West
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established team in a strongly performing industrial credit union (the Teachers Union of Ireland Credit Union) in the Dublin South/West area.
The credit union is moving into a new phase of growth and organisation development and is recruiting for a number of positions including this role. This role provides an exceptional opportunity to work on key business development projects, and to play an important role in the ongoing strategic business development of the credit union.
This role will deliver on projects to advance the business model strategy of the credit union, and will contribute directly to the growth of the business by driving business model development in several areas.
Reporting to the CEO, the role will involve working on projects related to business development such as:
- Help develop and embed a “value” based sales culture within the credit union
- Responsible for the follow-up and development of new business opportunities
- Assist the CEO in the development and implementation of the credit union’s IT Strategy
- Analyse and track business portfolio trends to ensure the credit union is accomplishing its goals.
- Coordinate with the Marketing Officer to develop business related materials, promotional items, and a strong business presence on the website
- Identifying collaboration opportunities with likeminded innovative credit unions and third parties
- Develop a monitoring tool that measures the effectiveness of marketing initiatives ongoing across channels
- Ensure that the business development strategy is closely aligned with lending and all member interfaces
- Together with the CEO and Marketing Officer, develop a detailed and costed annual marketing plan.
- Assess products and bundles that will provide the best value to specific demographics and market segments within the common bond
The Projects Officer role will support the further advancement of the online/mobile app loan application process and a fully integrated online membership application process, the introduction of a semi-automated lending system, exploring opportunities available to the credit union through PSD2.
The Projects Officer role will require the evaluation of systems such as a CRM system, etc. and the strategic planning regarding this, and various other areas to enhance the development of the credit union.
The Projects Officer role will in the longer-term provide support for the development of products and services as set out in the strategic plan, including:
- House Loans - Principal Private Residence
- Acquire insurance intermediary status to introduce a suite of insurance products
- Introduce deposit accounts
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required
Key skills include strategic mind set, commercial focus, and the ability to explore, investigate, evaluate, plan, and implement the above products and services, IT and online strategy/digital strategy, CRM.
Experience in the above is essential, preferably in a financial services or credit union environment.
Qualifications in IT, strategy, business administration (MBA or similar), innovation management, product development or product management are desirable.
This position offers an opportunity to work at on business development projects in a successful and ambitious industrial credit union.
This role is initially a part-time role for a fixed-term of 1 year. The role will be reviewed after the year based on the on-going strategic and business development needs of the credit union.
Salary & Benefits
The credit union will offer salary and benefits commensurate with the role.
The role is 3 days a week, Mon-Fri, 9.00am-5.30pm, with days to be agreed with the CEO.
Location / Travel
The role is based in Dublin South/West.
Your Next Step
If you are ready to take a further step in your career, apply now by sending your CV to email@example.com. You can contact Helena at 01-8666426 for a confidential call or with any queries.
The closing date for applications is Friday 18/10/2019.
Interviews will take place in October with a view to the role commencing as soon as possible.