Core Credit Union Limited
Risk Management Officer (Ref RMO 202204)
Core Credit Union Ltd is a progressive financial services provider with over 35,000 members and total assets of €150 million. We have 5 offices in the Dún Laoghaire area of South County Dublin. Our core value is to promote the financial well-being of our members and in order to achieve this purpose, the Credit Union is committed to providing a broad range of innovative financial products supported by the excellent service of dedicated, well-trained staff.
The successful candidate will report to the CEO, Board of Directors, and the Risk, Compliance & Audit Committee and will have primary responsibility for risk across the Credit Union by identifying, assessing, monitoring, and reporting risks on a timely basis. The Credit Union manages a wide variety of risks covering credit, investment, operational, market, third party, and reputational risk. The Risk Management Officer will also develop strategies to identify and mitigate future risks.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and highly successful credit union.
- The Risk Management Officer will have a responsibility to stay abreast of current statutory and regulatory frameworks and have an awareness of emerging requirements and guidance which may impact on the Credit Union and to advise the Board and officers of the potential impact of such changes
- Develop and maintain the risk management system of the Credit Union
- Reporting on any significant risk event and emerging trends to the Board of Directors
- The Risk Management Officer should support the Board of Directors in promoting a culture of risk awareness, identification, and management at every level within the Credit Union
- Advise the Board of Directors of emerging risks that have the potential to negatively impact the Credit Union
The successful candidate should have the following attributes:
- An awareness of the regulatory environment in which the Credit Union operates
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a risk management role in a financial services environment or a related discipline. A relevant qualification would be an advantage
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate risks associated with projects/new products
- Ability to maximise the use of technology to support the role of the RMO
- Excellent inter-personal skills, people management capabilities and written/oral communications
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work on own initiative to deliver agreed targets
This role is a pre-approved control function as defined by the Central Bank of Ireland.
How to Apply:
- Applications will only be taken through our career’s portal on https://www.corecu.ie/careers
- Closing Date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 8th December 2021
- Shortlisting may apply and assessment will be done on the basis of the information provided in the application.
- Core Credit Union Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer
An excellent remuneration package is on offer to the correct candidate for the position.