Palmerstown Credit Union
Senior Loans Officer - Credit Team
Position: Senior Loans Officer – Credit Team
Contract: Permanent Full Time
Reporting To: Assistant Manager
Location: 48 Manor Road, Palmerstown Dublin 20
Renumeration: Competitive salary , based on experience
- Defined Contribution Occupational Pension scheme
Palmerstown Credit Union, a dynamic and strong financial service provider in West Dublin, is seeking an experienced underwriter/loan officer to complement our existing loans team. The person will have a lending authority for all loan approvals and have overall responsibility for loans in excess of the standard loan officer threshold. The role will involve some member facing duties.
The Senior Loans Officer will have a variety of duties within the Credit Team. They will be required to provide support to members of the team, both administrative and technical. Such duties to include:
Assess credit applications including personal, business, and potentially mortgage applications’
- Review borrower’s ability to repay
- Assembling the paperwork associated with the application
- Review credit reports
- Analyse applicant’s financial circumstances
- Conduct stress tests as required
- Deal with administration of the legal process required if we issue mortgages
- Approving loan applications within approval authorities / policy
- Contacting members relating to ongoing applications / decision outcomes
- Reviewing applications to extend / reschedule agreements
- Preparing and presenting complex loan applications to the Manager / Credit Committee
- Processing loan applications on the computer systems to reflect ongoing requests and Loans Officers / Committees’ decisions.
- Making appropriate decisions and taking appropriate actions to support the smooth running of the Credit Team
- Contributing to the credit policy as part of the team discussions
- Prepare reports to the Credit Committee.
- Any other related duties, which may be requested by the CEO or by the Board of Directors via the Senior Management Team from time to time.
- Adherence to guidelines and policies of the PCU
- Administrative duties associated with the work of the team.
- Identify any training needs either within the team or throughout the organisation
- To prioritise all tasks required to be completed according to their urgency
- Making suggestions for improvements in controls on the work
- Working collectively with peers and team members
- Assisting with performance management of other team members
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual, with the following:
- Strong ability to organise effectively, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly;
- Proven track record of innovation & creativity in their roles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical & decision-making skills
- Ability and confidence to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work under own initiative with minimal direction
- Provide mentoring & coaching to peers and new staff.
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets, can prioritise tasks under pressure
- Willingness to be flexible and take on new tasks and projects
- Achieve and maintain qualifications under the Minimum Competency Code (MCC) as set out by the Central Bank of Ireland
- Partake in the fitness & probity requirements for credit union officers as set out by the Central Bank of Ireland
- Good information technology skills
- Must satisfy Minimum Competency Qualification in line with the requirements of the Central Bank of Irelands Minimum Competency Code
- Comprehensive knowledge with 3 years’ relevant lending experience
- Mortgage experience is an advantage.
A relevant third level or professional qualification an advantage
Please apply with a cover letter and full CV via email to email@example.com
by 28th February 2020, with the reference in the subject line of “ Senior Lending Officer”
Expected interviews week commencing the 1st March 2020.
Palmerstown Credit Union is an equal opportunities employer, canvassing will disqualify. If you would like a copy of our Recruitment Privacy Statement, please request same from the recruiter.