Senior Teller / Trainee Team Leader (Credit Union)
Dublin City/Dublin South
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established team in a large and growing credit union in the Dublin City/Dublin South area.
The role provides an exceptional opportunity for career growth in a growing 7 branch operation.
It also provides the opportunity to play an important role in the development of the Credit Union and be a key player in the organisation.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the Senior Teller / Trainee Team Leader Team Leader will support the Operations Manager in delivering the front-line service to credit union members.
The Senior Teller / Trainee Team Leader will develop into a full Team Leader role, and with training and time, will be one of two Team Leaders covering the operations across 7 branches. .
The Senior Teller / Trainee Team Leader will be responsible for organizing and managing delivery of an excellent and efficient front-line service to credit union members. He/she will be accountable and responsible for the supervision of the front-of-house staff in a number of branches, and for creating a team who are adapting and changing in accordance with business requirements.
Frontline Service to Members
• Act as first point of contact for all queries in relation to member services from staff
• Act as first point of contact for members seeking an escalation of issues.
• Ensure team members are providing a service, which is focused on the members at all times and is efficient, polite and friendly.
• Ensure the successful delivery of all products and services in support of the credit union’s business development and marketing strategy.
• Ensure a positive member experience for all members when in the credit union and “walk the queue” regularly.
• Ensure member service standards are communicated to all team members and that the member service policy is implemented
• Ensure phones and queries are answered promptly, courteously and professionally and that office voicemails are checked and actioned promptly.
Daily Routines and End of Day Procedures
• Ensure the end of day duties are completed, any discrepancies investigated and reported and end of day balancing is coordinated across all branches.
• Ensure the necessary end-of-day reports are completed.
• Manage and control floats and cash on hand and ensure bank lodgements are compiled as required.
• Ensure the assigned offices have the required levels of cash on hand.
• Support management by producing daily, weekly and monthly reports and ad hoc reports as required.
• Report facilities issues in relation to the assigned branches in a timely manner to the Operations Manager.
• Report any equipment issues in a timely manner to the relevant support organization.
• Provide coaching, support and encouragement to all staff to help them achieve in their role towards the goals of the credit union
• Help create a workplace where the team are engaged, staff morale and energy is excellent, and there is a high level of trust and camaraderie along with high performance
Training and Support of Staff
• Ensure all team members are trained on correct procedures and accurate training records are kept
• Manage and co-ordinate the team, allocating and prioritising work.
• Manage staff resources to ensure adequate cover in the branch.
• Record, manage and report weekly on hours worked by team members, leave, absences and so on and ensure cover is provided for at all times for absence when required.
Standards, Policies and Procedures
• Supervise the implementation of all policies and procedures and ensure on-going compliance with same.
• Review new member applications and other documentation to ensure compliance is met.
• Ensure administration of members accounts/transactions, membership records, deceased members, and filing is kept up to date
Link to other Functions - IT, Accounts, Credit Control, Lending, Office Supplies, Marketing
• Liaise with other functions as appropriate regarding central services as they relate to each branch office, such as IT, marketing, etc
Human Resource Management
• Proactively manage staff, tasks, workloads, rosters, schedules, targets, quality of work and performance of staff
Experience and Qualifications Required
We are looking for a person with good experience in the financial services industry or related sectors, who has very good experience in delivering in a frontline customer service role, and who has advanced in their career in this role, and now wishes to progress into a Team Leader role.
The successful candidate may have relevant qualifications for the financial services industry e.g. QFA and other relevant training and qualifications, and preferably will have a third level qualification. However, if you have the right credentials otherwise, training and support will be given to achieve the relevant qualifications.
Good personal and interpersonal skills, communication skills, and the potential to manage people is required. Financial acumen, a commercial orientation, and a people and service orientation are essential. Good organisational and planning skills are required. A clean driving licence with access to own transport is desirable.
This role would suit a person with excellent customer service / frontline service experience in a credit union, bank or related financial services industry i.e. with transferable skills into a credit union.
It could be a person who has already shown an aptitude, promise and an attitude to organise, plan, manage and lead people in a frontline service environment.
This position offers an opportunity to work in a successful and ambitious credit union and to develop from a senior frontline customer service financial service type role or a team leader role into a trainee team leader role in the credit union.
This is a full-time permanent role.
Salary & Benefits
The credit union will offer salary and benefits commensurate with the role. The opportunity to develop into a full Team Leader role and corresponding increases in salary are offered with this role.
The role is permanent and full-time, 35 hours per week working a 5 day roster over Monday to Saturday
The role requires working within the various branches of the Credit Union. The successful candidate will ideally have a clean driving licence with access to their own transport.
Your Next Step
If you are ready to take a further step in your career, apply now by sending you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Monday 15/7/2019.
The credit union is keen to meet candidates for interview with a view to the role commencing as soon as possible.