Your Complete Guide to Renovating or Redecorating
Filmed in SO Fine Art Gallery, Powerscourt Town House, Dublin.
How much can it cost to redesign a bathroom, garden or kitchen, or what’s the best way to spruce up a space on a small budget? What are the latest styles and trends sweeping the country and how do you know the right person for the job?
As restrictions lift, builders dust off hardhats and homeowners don paint rollers, decking tiles, grout filler - hoping to rejuvenate spaces they’ve spent months inside –
We’ve partnered with Roisin Murphy; architect, interior designer and presenter of RTE’s Home Rescue, to launch House2Home on Credit Union.ie. Over the next few months, we’ll share articles on our blog with advice on planning and budgeting, as well as style ideas and inspiring stories - so you can turn that house into the perfect home.
We've outlined all of the great topics we'll be covering over the next few weeks, below. Simply visit our blog, or keep an eye out for #House2Home across Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
We kick off with how to plan a project big or small, with tips on choosing a designer, budgeting, cutting costs and whether you need an architect or an interior designer.
- Four Things to Think About Before a Renovation: Designer Roisin Murphy gives her top tips.
- Four Questions Your Interior Designer Should Ask: Roisin Murphy tells us five questions she always asks a client before starting a project.
- Choosing the Right Building Contractor: A Check-List: Make sure you find someone with all the right qualities, with our downloadable check-list.
- Eight Ways to Cut Home Renovation Costs: If you're struggling to stay within budget, check out our tips on how to reduce it.
- My Self-Build / House2Home Real Stories: We interview Alison Murphy, who talks us through the process of her self-build.
- My Ideal Home: Roisin Murphy tells us what her ideal home would look like.
- Five Interior Design Ideas: Get some design inspiration with Roisin Murphy, who gives us five styles that are trending right now.
We'll also focus on the garden over the next few weeks; how much does a garden redesign cost, what styles could you opt for and what's a low cost way to do it yourself? We'll also be catching up with Ireland's leading Garden Designer, columnist and previous Bloom judge Frances McDonald on all things gardens.
In our Kitchen content, you'll discover the kitchens gracing Irish houses, your complete spending guide and what type of joiner or designer you might need.
Where is the best place in the house to build a bathroom, and what styles are on trend? We'll chat to experts, see how to you can make the most out of one of the smallest spaces in the home.
How do you make a bedroom de-cluttered, tranquil, as well as stylish? We give you expert advice on all things budget, what's on trend and how to create a zen space.