ILCUmail – Usage Policy
The ILCUmail service shall only be used by authorised named users as defined by the ILCU ICT department. Unauthorised access or use of ILCUmail is prohibited.
You are responsible for the use of facilities granted in your name. The password used to access ILCUmail should be kept confidential and not shared with anyone else. If you think someone knows your password, ask for it to be changed as soon as possible. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your username or password or any other breach of security of which you become aware. Maintaining the privacy of your password is your responsibility and consequently you are responsible for any actions taken through the use of your login details.
It is strictly forbidden to use ILCUmail for anything other than legitimate business purposes. ILCUmail should not be used for personal use.
You must always act to maintain the security of the ILCUmail system and not to put yourself or other ILCUmail users at risk. If you have any doubts about actions that you intend to take contact the ILCU ICT department first.
For the protection of all ILCUmail users you must not:
- Attempt to access another user’s ILCUmail email account.
- Attempt to access ILCUmail using a method other than the interface and the instructions that are provided by the ILCU.
- Disable security or email scanning software.
- Open email attachments from unknown sources, as they may contain a virus, trojan, spyware or other malware.
- Create or distribute any inappropriate content or material that may harm the reputation of other ILCUmail users including (but not limited to) those using the shared domain names cumail.ie and cumail.co.uk.
- Use ILCUmail for any illegal or criminal activities.
ILCUmail guarantees email encryption through the use of enforced TLS. There may be circumstances where you request the ILCU to disable enforced encryption. In the event that such an exception is made it will be your responsibility to ensure that confidential or sensitive data is not sent through ILCUmail.
Standard account setup Information:
All mailboxes are limited to 2GB in Size
Warning message will be sent at 90% capacity
ILCUmail Usage Policy V1.1