1. The competition has two categories – General Category and Category for People with Disabilities with the following age groups in each category:
7 years and under
8 – 10 years inclusive
11 – 13 years inclusive
14 – 17 years inclusive
Adult – 18 years and over
Ages as at 31st December 2020. Proof of date of birth may be requested by the credit union. There is a separate section for group entries in the Category for People with Disabilities only.
2. Entries to the Category for People with Disabilities are invited from children and adults with physical and intellectual disabilities. Entrants must clearly tick on the entry form if they wish to be considered for this category. Entrants in this category are not required to use the theme.
3. The text of the theme does not have to be illustrated on your artwork. We are looking for your interpretation of the theme through your art.
4. All group entries will be judged together – no age categories apply.
5. Name, address, age, date of birth and other details (where applicable) must be clearly printed on the entry form and then attached to the back of the entry. Any entries bearing incomplete entry forms may not be considered.
6. All entry forms and artworks must be certified by teacher/facilitator/parent/guardian (under 18, General Category and Category for People with Disabilities), or by the entrant (over 18) as being an unaided and original work of the entrant.
7. All entries must be submitted in either A3 (420mm wide x 297mm high) or A2 (594mm wide x 420mm high) and landscape orientation. Other sizes and portrait oriented entries will be disqualified from adjudication.
8. The entry can be drawn or painted in pencil, charcoal, pen or ink, felt-tip markers, crayon, pastel, water colours, gouache, acrylics, oils, poster colour or collage. Prints done from a lino block, wood block or any other method may also be submitted. No computer aided design (CAD) may be entered. No pieces of art under glass, as we cannot be responsible for same.
9. The competition is organised into three stages with the winner in each category being forwarded to the next stage, these being:
Stage1 Credit Union Level
Stage 2 Chapter (Regional) Level
Stage 3 National Level
Entries must be submitted to your local participating credit union only– no entries will be accepted directly at regional or national level.
10. It should be noted that once artwork is received by us they become our property and may be reproduced at our discretion and may only be returned at our discretion. All entries are accepted as original works and we are not responsible for any breach of copyright. We will not accept liability for loss or damage to any work submitted.
11. Entrants may enter the competition only once in any given year.
12. We reserve the right not to award prizes in any category. The decision of the adjudicators is final and no correspondence will be entered into.